RAPP New York is looking for a Senior Art Director to join our award-winning Creative team.
WHO WE ARE:
We think too much marketing isnt us. Its mass markets not audiences of one. Homogenous groups to be targeted, not individuals to be inspired. Segments to reach, not people with their own ideas & ambitions. Its one size fits all & its dull.
When it comes to individuals, were fierce. We stand up for individuality. We speak up against bland, broad-brush generalizations. We fight for solutions that adapt to the individuals needs, beliefs, behaviors & aspirations. And we commit to doing this in every aspect of our work for clients & their consumers.
We actively foster an inclusive workplace where diversity & individual difference are valued & leveraged to achieve the agencys vision. And most importantly we value every individuals wellbeing.
We are Fiercely Individual.
HOW WE DO IT:
At RAPP we are fiercely focused on the individual & how we can create value from every individuals experience with a brand. We do this across three capability areas: customer centric consulting, creativity that inspires action & customer experience management.
Our data analysts know who that person is. Our strategists understand what they want. And our award-winning Technologists & Creatives know how to get it to them.
RAPP is an integral part of Omnicoms Precision Marketing Group, comprising 4,000 creatives, technologists, strategists, & data & marketing scientists across 40 global markets.
In this senior-level position, the employee must provide strong conceptual thinking, highly developed design skills & expertise in design programs. Push the boundaries of creative excellence & ensure the delivery of required results. Must also have the ability to work with members of the creative department as well as team members from other core departments in order to achieve client satisfaction.
- Execute creative concepts & designs that are on strategy & within templates across all direct response channels (mainly direct mail & digital) with minimal supervision.
- Generate breakthrough ideas & constantly strive for new, better, more innovative solutions.
- Must be able to handle high-level conceptual projects, as well as manage several day-to-day executional assignments at a time.
- Ability to work juggle multiple projects to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of typography & graphic design that drives action/response.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Adapt brands to both digital & direct response environments.
- Financial & Telecom/Cable TV experience a plus.
- Manage workflow efficiently & take responsibility for timing & delivery.
- Experience managing/mentoring Jr. & mid-level talent a plus
- Strong fundamental knowledge of direct marketing best practices.
- Work collaboratively with creative partners, members of creative & core departments.
- Present work coherently & persuasively; express ideas in a form that clients can buy.
- Show knowledge of direct marketing production process, from setting type through to printing of materials.
- Understanding of digital design, development a plus.
- Review & sign-off on mechanical proofs on their assignments, such as readers & blueprints.
- Expertise working with a variety of formats & materials to bring the concept to life.
- Collaborate with Production, Art Buying & Studio to achieve the best solutions for their assignments.
- Stay current with changes in technology & demonstrate technical competence.
- 5+ years experience.
- Must have a strong portfolio primarily of produced work.
- Must demonstrate experience/knowledge in DM, Print & digitalboth in design & production
- Experience working in HTML-based media & XD a plus
- Bachelors degree required or equivalent experience.
- Must possess good communication & interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign
- Recognizes the value that different perspectives & cultures bring to an organization & seeks to understand those different perspectives & cultures
- Contributes to a work culture where differences are valued & supported
- Is sensitive to cultural norms, expectations, & ways of communicating
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.