Reconcile accounts. Manage financial closings. Collaborate with the team.
The role you'll play:
CB Insights is looking for a highly collaborative & communicative team player & self-starter who wants to grow themselves professionally to fill our Staff Accountant position. This position has multiple facets & we are interested in candidates that are eager to be part of an exciting & growing company.
Your main tasks:
- Manage & reconcile credit card account, research & post credit card expenses including scanning invoices into the accounting system
- Process vendor invoices, properly code invoices to the correct general ledger accounts & respond to vendor inquiries regarding payment status
- Responsible for reconciling daily & monthly bank & any assigned balance sheet accounts, including accrued & prepaid accounts & maintaining fixed asset schedule
- Participation in month-end & annual financial closings. Assist with other month-end reconciliations & analysis, as required
- Assist Senior Accountant in enrolling in new states; monitoring & addressing all state correspondence related to payroll taxes.
- Organize & report employee reimbursements
- Assist in commission report calculations
- Assist with preparation & coordination of the audit process
- Help with ad-hoc requests
What you bring to the table:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business with 3+ years related general accounting experience
- Experience with Intacct or other cloud-based ERP
- Experience with state payroll registration & filing is a plus
- Understanding of GAAP is a must
- High degree of accuracy & attention to detail
- Proficient with excel including ability to create pivot tables & v-lookups
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, & Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!