Company Description|Job Description
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
The Director of Commercial sales will lead a team of Commercial Account Executives & will be responsible for setting & executing Pluralsight's sales strategy for a subregion / set of countries in EMEA. This leader will assume responsibility for a growing sales team to help drive complex deal transactions with revenue accountability that exceeds $10M annually.
As our Director of Commercial Sales you'll be a crucial member of our expanding sales team in our EMEA Regional HQ in Dublin. You'll help exemplify the best of Pluralsight, be committed to living the values, recruiting & onboarding great sales professionals, & establishing a cohesive, results-oriented team in Dublin. You'll have a track record of exceptional performance, be passionate about our mission, & committed to building a great place to work.
Who you are:
- You'll be passionate about Pluralsight's mission - you eat, sleep & breathe our cause: Democratize Technology Skills
- You'll demonstrate strong leadership with the ability to create a compelling vision for success & inspire the team to deliver exceptional results
- You'll be scrappy & demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to everything you do!
- You'll have strong interpersonal & communication skills; in addition, you must have the ability to synthesize complex business challenges & create clear solutions & messages for audiences at various levels of sophistication
- You must be a team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate & react to changes in a rapidly evolving environment
- You'll consistently demonstrate over-achievementof quota & revenue goals as a sales leader
- You'll have the ability to listen, think logically, strategically, & tactically to solve complex problems
- Highly self-motivated you'll demonstrate an ability to assume responsibility & work autonomously
What you'll own:
- The performance of the Commercial Account Executive team including: recruiting, hiring, training, onboarding, & professional development of individual team members
- Drive overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management, & report on all aspects of the business to senior sales management
- Work directly with the senior sales management team to set, shape, & execute strategies for driving sustainable billings growth in the region
- Collaborate with senior leaders & other relevant stakeholders to create, implement & manage policies & procedures to effectively support the business
- Supporting direct reports by participating & leading in client & prospect meetings & engaging other corporate resources as required
- Conducting weekly forecast meetings & one-on-one reviews with direct reports, & provide tracking & sales forecasting to senior sales leadership
- Manage & take accountability for negotiated non-standard contractual terms & conditions
- Create & execute effective presentations, including corporate & solution capabilities, prospective client proposals, bid defense & business case/justification
- Support the targeting, planning, positioning, & execution of commercial opportunity development efforts as necessary to maximize the probability of success
- Maintain key customer relationships, develop & implement strategies for expanding the company's customer base
- Support Business Development efforts by attending industry conferences & events
- Support the planning & execution of marketing events in territory
- Travel up to 50%
Experience you'll need:
- Demonstrable, successful track record with a minimum of 8 years' experience in software sales & ideally a minimum of 4 as a software sales manager (if you are slightly wide of this, talk to us anyway)
- Strong negotiation skills & proven experience of successfully selling to & closing 6-figure contracts at CxO level; familiarity with SaaS solutions for technical education is preferred
- Experienced professional with a proven track record of building satisfied, loyal & referenceable customers
- Highly talent focusedwith a strong track record of recruiting, training/developing & retaining high performing sales talent
- Successful track record of planning & executing
- Strong operational & analytical abilities