Latch is seeking a Senior Front End Engineer to join their engineering team. You will be responsible for creating & maintaining innovative interfaces used by a growing number of users each month. Using expertise in web UI & interactive application development, this person will be in control of developing & maintaining Latchs core Web Application (The Latch Manager) & website, including our marketing & support pages. Ideal candidates have a solid background in the fundamentals of software development & a deep understanding of various languages, technologies, & solutions.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Ensure pages comply with Latchs UI guidelines
- Work with the design team to continually create new ways of showcasing - Latchs products
- Strong understanding of HTML5 semantics & CSS3 (Sass).
- UX & design experience.
- Experience with Angular.js, Backbone, Cocoa, or similar MVC framework is a plus.
- Troubleshooting issues with existing code
- Leading development, release & support for features
- Researching, recommending, gaining adoption & rolls out new technology changes
- Experience with AJAX libraries & frameworks (e.g. JQuery, Backbone.js, Angular.js, etc.)
- Passion for creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby) is a plus
- Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP, WSDL, XSD, & REST
- 4+ years of HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, & accessibility
- 4+ years experience with browser APIs & optimizing front end performance
- Solid understanding of REST principles & experience using REST APIs
- Ability to write usable documentation
Founded in 2013, Latch is a venture backed startup building the worlds first complete smart access system. We now boast over 100 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off & a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, & dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.