This job posting is for a role in our Tribeca office in downtown Manhattan.
BlockFi is looking for an experienced Visual Designer to join our team in an exciting time when our brand is focused on elevating our presence within the fintech industry.This Designer will play a critical role in the successful rebrand of BlockFis site & product suite. We are building a design-centric workflow, & are focused on creating an innovative & beautiful digital presence.Were searching for a candidate who will deliver compelling & meaningful digital experiences in accordance with BlockFi's tone & brand guidelines.The ideal candidate will have experience working across all types of digital media to create unique but complementary experiences for all platforms. This individual should demonstrate a broad understanding of the digital landscape, in addition to leading trends & changes in consumer behavior.This role will collaborate directly with the Creative Director & cross-departmentally to achieve design solutions that align with BlockFi's broader brand narrative.
- Ensure that BlockFi content is brought to life with unique, user friendly, high-quality design, without jeopardizing site or app performance.
- Become a brand guardian by monitoring & reviewing all designs & imagery for consistency.
- Brainstorm clear concepts, & execute them to produce finished, functional solutions.
- Understand a target audience's needs & other motivating factors.
- Translate those needs & motivations into concepts for compelling interactions & experiences.
- Maintain awareness of future programs & initiatives & how they relate to overall creative strategy.
- Provide engaging descriptions of products, paying close attention to detail & ensuring grammatical accuracy for all assets uploaded to the site.
- Edit & proofread product copy as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Creative Director, Marketing, & Engineering teams to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception & user experience.
- Communicate to leadership the status of various ongoing projects.
- Actively assess website & app improvements to ensure BlockFi remains a pioneer in the fintech & crypto industries.
- Assist with production of photo & video shoots.
- Assist in developing scalable process to guide project stakeholder brainstorms.
- Assist in mapping content concepts over time & ensure that they coordinate conceptually & functionally with Marketing goals.
- Ad hoc asset resizing, cropping, retouching, color-correcting & optimization of
Images for the web for our day-to-day digital business needs.
- 2D & 3D motion graphics development.
- Video editing.
- Design of promotional material such as invites, collateral, & external & internal presentations.
- Layout ads according to brand guidelines for all channels.
- Create & iterate standard asset types, icons, illustrations, infographics, & data visualizations.
- Prepare mechanical files & print specs for the production of various print & signage projects.
- Develop & execute strategies for content distribution by channel & audience type, focusing on curation & visual dialogue.
- Use quantitative feedback on channel performance to iterate on content production.
- 8+ years of work experience in the fields of branding & design
- Exceptional typography & design skills
- BFA or other design-related degree is a plus
- Knowledge & practice of filmmaking, animation, writing is a plus
- Fluent in MS Office
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch
- Familiarity with After Effects & Final Cut/Premier Pro
- Savvy with HTML & CSS
- Strong understanding of product, interaction, & responsive design
- Strong understanding of image retouching.
- Possesses a genuine curiosity of design, communication & technology trends, & keeps up with competitive developments within these industries.
- A creative thinker & fast-learner with a keen eye & hand for graphics, layout & typography.
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment & turn around superior creative work in extremely limited timelines.
Excellent communication & teamwork skills.
- Ability to apply editorial & design concepts from industries outside of fintech.
- A rational thinker with the ability to question & negotiate instructions when needed.
- Willingness to identify inefficiencies with current state processes & offer up solutions to improve them.
Please include a portfolio of relevant work with your application. Your portfolio should illustrate your design processes, & showcase your role within each project.
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
- Weekly lunch, office snacks & coffee