ABOUT THE ROLE:
Are you looking to join a rocketship? Are you ready to build a business that is redefining an industry & launching products that help members improve their mental & physical well being? Do you love partnering with & leading teams, obsessing over customer experience & building businesses that scale? If so, keep reading
The VP of Engineering, Ecommerce, will be responsible for leading the software development, SDET, & ecom Data Science teams to scale Peloton's $1+ billion ecommerce channel. The VP will serve as a transformational technical & people leader providing insights to the leadership team on scale, quality, & automation, & building & leading a world class technical team.
- Hire & develop the best: The role will manage & grow the tech team across the shopping, checkout, & order scheduling/delivery experience. You will build out the team, develop leaders & coach software development lifecycle best practices. Youll need to excel at hiring & developing your technical talent. You will be both a technical leader & people manager.
- Set a vision: you will build a vision for the Peloton ecommerce technology platform, including architecture & system design. You will set a roadmap & deliver short term & long term wins that support Pelotons position as the leader in Connected Fitness.
- Drive Scale: you will lead the software engineering teams managing, building & scaling the ecom platform & will focus on driving scalability, stability, & reliability. You must understand the demands of managing a 24x7 application at large-scale. This leader must be capable of scaling themselves & their team to meet the ever-increasing demands of a fast-growing business.
- Operational excellence: You will champion engineering & operational excellence, & establish metrics & processes to reduce tech debt.
- Prioritize well: This leader must have the ability to easily switch between weighing in on complex engineering details, taking a long term view of the business, growing & developing the next generation of leadership, & overall operating as a large-scale organization leader. It requires an ability to prioritize work for the direct team & partner teams, establish goals, & focus attention on the most important inputs to drive the desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate: you will collaborate with other parts of the Peloton Engineering team to produce & support tech solutions for a variety of Pelotons business practices.
- Influence product strategy: you will partner closely with the VP of Product to develop a roadmap that balances short term deliverables with long term scalability.
- Think big: Internally, this role will inspire the organization to think differently & innovate. You will provide thought leadership & collaborate with colleagues to develop Pelotons eCommerce platform as best in class.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in D2C ecommerce businesses.
- You have led a tech team for a business that has achieved significant scale over a short period of time. A big plus if the company has achieved annual revenue in excess of $1BN. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to build & operate software systems at scale.
- 10+ years of experience managing tech teams with 5+ years of managing multiple managers/teams.
- Deliver Results: You must have a strong track-record of delivering products.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups & executive teams.
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right
- You earn trust with your direct team & stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, & you are willing to be vocally self-critical
- Hire & develop the best: you value coaching your team & developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent & moving them through the organization
- Passionate self-starter, decisive & able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Data driven - you lean on data to make decisions & when you dont have data, you search for customer anecdotes to gain insights
- You are a builder-- you like to invent on behalf of customers. You are comfortable working with ambiguity.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brands immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.