About the Team
The Accounting team at Harrys is a part of Global Finance & responsible for recording transactions, validating completeness & accuracy, recording & presenting actual results of the financials of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the Harrys brand in North America.
About the Role
This is a position within the North American Accounting team which will play a key role in helping the team establish strong controls around our month end close process; including performing account reconciliations for various accounts related to revenue, inventory, operating expenses & giving the team the ability to scale with our growing businesses. You will be working directly with the North American Accounting team & will regularly engage with teams around the company.
What you will accomplish:
- Complete Month End closing tasks relating to revenue, reserves, inventory, accounts receivable, product margin, unit cost analysis, operating expenses, fixed assets, accounts payable.
- Perform key account reconciliations, including revenue, accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory; all while collaborating with both finance & various teams across the organization
- Perform the sales, payable & other related activities for a new emerging brand
- Ensure the completeness & accuracy of our Inventory & Cost of Goods Sold accounts
- Work closely with retail teams on new retail launches, vendor agreements, marketing initiatives & reserves
- Assist in developing & improving processes & policies to drive financial discipline across the company
- Assist in completing special projects as needed
You might have this background:
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills & ability to dive deep into solving problems & data inconsistency
- A track record of successful team collaboration
- CPA or similar track, a plus.
- Audit experience in retail, manufacturing or ecommerce also a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- SAP or similar experience would be awesome
- Solid interpersonal & communication skills
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the North American Financial Controller
- You will work closely with Operations, Distribution, Marketing & Retail teams
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.