About the Role
If youre passionate about building large scale data processing systems, & you are motivated to make an impact in creating a robust & scalable data platform used by every team, come join us. You will jump into an early stage team that builds the data transport, collection & orchestration layers. You will help shape the vision & architecture of WeWork's next generation data infrastructure, making it easy for developers to build data-driven products & features. You are responsible for developing a reliable infrastructure that scales with the companys incredible growth. Your efforts will allow accessibility to business & user behavior insights, using huge amounts of WeWork data to fuel several teams such as Analytics, Data Science, Sales, Revenue, Product, Growth & many others as well as empowering them to depend on each other reliably. You will be a part of an experienced engineering team & work with passionate leaders on challenging distributed systems problems.
About the Team
Data is at the core of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our products & enabling the technology that powers them. We build & operate the platform used by the rest of the company for streaming & batch computation & to train ML models. Were building an ecosystem where consumers & producers of data can depend on each other safely. We thrive to build high quality systems we can be proud to open source & an amazing experience for our users & ourselves. We regard culture & trust highly & are looking forward to welcoming your contribution to the team.
- Building & operating large scale data infrastructure in production (performance, reliability, monitoring)
- Designing, implementing & debugging distributed systems
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions & handling failure scenarios
- Building self-service platforms to power WeWorks Technology
- Experience with one or more of the following languages & functional programming in general:
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies:
- Distributed logging systems (Kafka, Pulsar, Kinesis, etc)
- Stream processing. Flink, Spark, Storm, Beam, etc
- Batch processing: Spark, Hadoop,
- IDL: Avro, Protobuf or Thrift
- MPP databases (Redshift, Vertica, )
- Query execution (Columnar storage, push downs): Hive, Presto, Parquet, ...
- Workflow management (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, ...)
- Cloud storage: S3, GCS, ...
- Understanding of distributed systems concepts & principles (consistency & availability, liveness & safety, durability, reliability, fault-tolerance, consensus algorithms)
- Eager to learn new things & passionate about technology
- Experience with contributing to open source software
- Experience with the following Cassandra, DynamoDB, RocksDB/LevelDB, Graphite, StatsD, CollectD
- You're focused on team over individual achievements.
- You building software incrementally & make consistent progress.
- You love to learn. mentor & teach others.
- You're empathetic, you build long-lasting relationship characteristic of highly efficient teams.
- You keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the field.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical & digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members & employees. We build software & hardware that enables our members to connect with each other & the space around them like never before.
We augment our community & culture teams through the tools we build. We believe theres a macro shift toward a new way of workingone focused on a movement towards meaning & purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless & collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.