Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Direct Contracting Representative to join our Contracting Operations team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You will work as part of the Direct Contracting team to build the networks of independent providers that ensure Oscar members have adequate & affordable access to the healthcare services they need. You will be an ambassador in prospective markets, selling Oscar's vision & value to new provider partners to close deals at competitive rates & ensure a great network experience for our members.
You'll report to the Contracting Operations Manager.
- Build an understanding of Oscar's contracting workflows & the important terms & rate structures of our provider agreements.
- Manage a portfolio of target specialties in specific geographies & source provider leads for your queue using a combination of internal tools & independent research.
- Conduct outreach to your leads by phone & email, identifying essential decision-makers, introducing them to Oscar, & explaining the value of partnering with us.
- Once converted, guide providers through the important terms & requirements of our contracting process, answering questions & following up to close contracts.
- Track all of your interactions clearly through JIRA & ensure that all contracts you build are complete & follow Oscar's standards.
- Work toward outreach, conversion, & Service level agreement targets & escalate questions to your Team Lead.
- Document & share provider feedback, objections, & questions to support the continuous improvement of Oscar's contracting templates & processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Care Administration or 1+ years equivalent work experience in a related field
- 1+ years' experience negotiating contracts, specifically with ancillaries, facilities, specialty providers, & physician groups
Preferred education & experience
- Understanding of physician, hospital, & other provider contracts & reimbursement mechanisms
- Strong Excel & MS Office skills
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.