As a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) Operator, you will report to the GSOC Manager & will be part of a team of highly skilled GSOC Operators who are responsible for assisting Tanium employees with all concerns related to safety & security issues globally. You will use a variety of tools from access control & alarm monitoring, to open source & social media monitoring, as well as in-house tools to detect, analyze, & alert others of incidents which may impact Tanium interests domestically & abroad. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced security professional that is proactive, motivated, customer service oriented, & who can work as a member of a team to provide safety & security for all Tanium employees, visitors, & assets.
What youll do:
- Incorporate Tanium Mission & Values into all decisions & actions.
- Responsible for making real-time operational decisions that affect the safety & security of the company.
- Manage badge access administration for employees, vendors, & contractors at all global locations.
- Monitor electronic protection systems including CCTV, alarms, access control, & intercom systems for situational awareness to detect potential threats for all domestic & international office locations as well as critical sites.
- Monitor, analyze, & assess security operations, risks & potential impact to provide up-to-date & relevant information related to the protection of Tanium employees & assets.
- Identify, track & monitor emerging geopolitical, terrorism, health & other related safety & security risks & trends.
- Rapidly develop clear, concise assessments of potential security incidents & draft incident briefs & communications throughout incident lifecycles.
- Demonstrate effective verbal & written communication with other Global Security team members & Tanium employees.
- Communicate GSOC specific training needs, ideas, scenarios, & trainee feedback to the GSOC Manager.
- Monitor & update travel tracking tools as well as location specific safety & security issues.
- Uses good judgment & discretion in handling sensitive information.
- Investigative & inquisitive mindset with the desire to help build the team through constructive criticism, feedback, & suggestions.
- Actively participate in required training.
- Must be willing & able to adapt responsibilities with the evolving needs of the business to support other teams within the Global Security mission to help safeguard Taniums people, assets, & reputation.
- Works with, & occasionally oversees contract guard personnel on shift.
Were looking for someone with:
- BA/BS and/or equivalent work experience preferred
- Professional Training / Certification:
- Valid State drivers license required
- Valid National CPR/First Aid/AED card required
- Industry Experience:
- Government, Military, Law Enforcement, and/or 5+ years in a security role required
- Specialty training or experience in Security Operations Center, Emergency Dispatch, Intelligence, Corporate Security, or Security Operations required
- Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Prior experience in a security operations center, role with dispatch responsibilities, or similar, highly preferred.
- Gsuite & Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Extensive experience with access control & visitor management systems such as Lenel, S2, or similar
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, & diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises & governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives & by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world & its imperative that the diversity of our customers & communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed & grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.