SUPERVISOR, SAFETY, DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all employees are required to wear the necessary PPE within the warehouse & while on client deliveries
Provide expertise in areas of environmental, occupational health & safety (EHS), risk management, & workers compensation management across the Distribution Center. Assist the General Manager to maintain compliance with all applicable EHS requirements. Aid business units in actions to eliminate worker injuries, vehicle accidents & associated costs. Work closely with the Director of EHS & General Manager, DC Operations on all safety related topics.
- Oversee Environmental, Health, & Safety initiatives for local Distribution Center
- Manage the SDS/Hazard Communication program
- Manage & perform the planning, training, inspection, reporting & recordkeeping requirements for all safety compliance programs
- Lead training efforts for EHS related activities throughout the Distribution Center
- Manage the preparation & submittal of safety-related agency regulatory reports
- Provide engaging health & safety leadership to the facility employees
- Lead Distribution Center Employee Safety Committee
- Work cross functionally with the Global Security Operations Team to develop & support strategic initiatives designed to produce best in class EHS performance
- Act as the facility & regional champion for the Zero Incidents initiatives
- Lead the tracking & assessment of safety requirements & metrics
- Advise Distribution Center leadership teams on strategy deployment progress & challenges
- Train & Assist site managers, supervisors & employees in the development & implementation of long & short-range planning, policies, programs & objectives.
- Conduct audits to ensure that consistent, best-in-class results & compliance are followed to enable operational excellence. Prepare reports of findings with recommendations for corrective action
- Conduct & document annual compliance inspections.
- Perform Job Safety Analysis of all worksite activities & lead actions for controls & countermeasures.
- Leads safety observation efforts across the local Distribution Center.
- Observe workers to determine proper use of prescribed safety equipment & procedures. Train & demonstrate proper use of safety equipment.
- Investigate incidents (including injuries, property damage, near misses, releases, & losses) to determine root cause & prepare/direct corrective action plans.
- Acts as regional champion for implementation of risk reduction controls.
- Bachelors Degree, preferred or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of warehouse operations procedures
- Highly organized with a relentless attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills, & the ability to troubleshoot problems & think on your feet
- Demonstrated understanding of OSHA & local regulations
- Proven knowledge of safety regulations & industry standards
- Demonstrated ability to influence management, teams & individuals across multiple functions within the organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines & priorities in a fast paced environment
- Effective verbal & written communication skills; able to train/present to an executive level audience
- Must be flexible to work a variety of hours as business demands including overnight, weekends & holidays
- CSP, CSHO, or equivalent Safety Certification
This is primarily an active position, involving long periods of standing & lifting items weighing 25 lbs or more. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.