iCapital Network is powering the worlds alternative investment marketplace. Our financial technology platform has transformed how advisors, wealth management firms, asset managers, & banks evaluate & recommend bespoke public & private market strategies for their high-net-worth clients. iCapital services approximately $70 billion in global client assets invested in close to 750 funds across more than 125,000 underlying accounts.
iCapital was named Solutions Provider of the Year at the 2020 MMI/Barrons Industry Awards & selected to the 2018, 2019 & 2020 Forbes FinTech 50, a list of the top 50 innovative financial technology companies that are transforming finance through technology.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the preparation, review and/or distribution of private fund capital event and/or performance updates for private equity & hedge fund-of-funds/feeder funds, You will have regular interaction with industry leading wire houses, as well as investment & accounting professionals at the underlying private equity & hedge funds.
- Work as part of a team of investment professionals responsible for the preparation & review of client reports for private equity, real estate, secondary & credit fund-of-funds/feeder funds, including:
- On a quarterly basis, review, digest & extract information from reports provided by the underlying private equity sponsors to draft concise, informative updates for our access fund investors.
- Prepare, analyze & review quantitative fund & portfolio company performance information for inclusion in investor reports. Liaise with administrators to determine correct quantitative data for reporting purposes. Ability to understand portfolio company performance & fund valuation drivers is critical.
- Coordinate internal Compliance review & approvals.
- Ensure timely distribution of reports to clients & relationship managers.
- Administer monthly Hedge Fund fact card reporting.
- Draft capital call & distribution notices to investors.
- Maintain ongoing communication with underlying financial sponsors regarding portfolio company activities & their impact on valuation.
- With other members of team, coordinate periodic investment portfolio & valuation reviews.
- Serve as a private equity product specialist in connection with requests for information from relationship managers & clients (i.e., regarding fund performance, capital calls, & other fund-related activities), as well as fund performance update meetings.
- Bachelors degree
- Previous experience in report writing, investor communications & also possess strong finance & business writing skills
- 2-5 years relevant experience preferably with hedge fund, private equity and/or real estate industry experience
- Motivated; detail oriented, & must be able to independently solve problems
- Strong knowledge of Excel & have experience with presentation of data to varied consumers.
- Strong communication skills are essential, as the success of this position requires continual interaction with external partners, internal business & finance managers on a global basis
- Ability to handle multiple tasks & prioritize assignments with excellent time management skills
- Proactive team player with positive attitude, willingness to roll up ones sleeves & get the job done, & a desire to work in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
- Microsoft office skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
iCapital offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive total compensation program consisting of salary, equity for all full-time employees, annual performance bonus, & an employer matched retirement plan; generously subsidized healthcare with 100% employer paid dental, vision, telemedicine, & virtual mental health counseling; & generous paid time off (PTO) featuring unlimited sick time & parental leave.
While we are currently working remotely due to COVID-19, this position will be based in our Greenwich, CT office. As we plan to re-enter our offices in 2021, iCapital will offer most employees the flexibility to work remotely one to two days a week. Every department has different needs, & some positions will be designated in-office jobs, based on their function.
For additional information on iCapital Network, please visit https://www.icapitalnetwork.com/about-us Twitter: @icapitalnetwork | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/icapital-network-inc
iCapital Network is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.