Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are looking for a Director of People Data & Systems who is responsible for hands-on design, implementation, communication & administration of HRIS Systems that support Mailchimps strategic objectives around talent acquisition, retention,total rewards, development, engagement & inclusivity. In partnership with the People & Culture leadership teams, you will design & deliver People processes, solutions, reporting & business analytics that drive & sustain strategic decision making. You will place emphasis on innovation through automation, continuous improvement, system enhancements & data integrity. Additionally, the role will lead efforts around people analytics such as workforce reports & dashboards, including identifying key trends & opportunities.
What you'll do here:
Human Resource Information Systems
- You will provide leadership, strategic direction & analysis to oversee the organization's People system. This includes system configuration, business process management, & security maintenance.
- You will create short & long-term goals & objectives for system builds, operations, processes, data flows, security, reporting, & analytics.
- You will collaborate with Information Technology (IT) & People teams to implement improvements in functionality & training where necessary for an excellent employee experience. This role combines process excellence, leadership, technology & partnerships with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of an exceptional employee experience in support of our business objectives
- Collaborate with the Chief People & Culture Officer & the Senior Director of People to further develop a strategy to optimize the Workday platform to meet business objectives.
- Review & analyze current procedures, identify areas for improvement & develop & implement a standardization system across the enterprise.
- Identify opportunities for automation & reduction of manual processes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across all functions (People, Finance, IT, Engineering) to maintain & develop processes that will create a best in class People operations platform & an excellent employee experience.
- Lead projects & teams; obtain key partner buy-in, develop requirements, build/test, prepare for change management, go-live & conduct post-mortem feedback improvements.
- Ensure data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing & analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Improve overall employee experience by strengthening People operations.
- Build a high performing team & culture of accountability that ensures delivery of timely, quality services.
- Establish a governance process within HRIS to drive priority setting & effective tenant management strategies across the business.
- Establish key metrics to monitor Workday utilization & identify trends, root causes & solutions to drive efficiency & scale within Workday.
Analytics & Reporting
- Partner closely with internal clients to provide strategic decision support through data & analytics.
- Manage & lead People reporting & analytics function & serve as expert resource for all People data needs.
- Promote proactive approaches to using HRIS & data to solve business challenges.
- Ability to translate results of analyses into data-driven insights to ensure key messages resonate with the target audience.
- Develop visualization methods/tools to enable end users to easily access & understand relevant data.
- Collaborate with functional business partners to develop ties between data sources for a more holistic view.
- Continuously learn new tools & ways to mine & visualize data. Design audience-specific presentations with consideration of visualization principles to share data in an intuitive manner.
- Take the results of analyses & tell a story with the data to guide leaders in business decisions with the ability to explain details & high-level overviews depending on the audience.
- Maintain & enhance current reporting deliverables while exploring new & innovative ways to report & examine People data including dashboards.
We'd Love to Hear From You If:
- You have 10+ years of progressively responsible HRIS & or analytics related knowledge.
- Significant experience designing, configuring, & administering Workday HRIS.
- The ability to translate business objectives & unmet needs into a clear vision & roadmap, with rigorous requirements, then support the execution of that vision.
- Strong bias for action with a demonstrated track record of owning & delivery solutions successfully.
- Extensive broad-based HR generalist experience in a range of industry sectors/environments.
- Strong analytical execution with thoroughness, accuracy, & focus on data integrity.
- Strong database management skills including the ability to merge, clean & analyze large amounts of data.
- Effective written & verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain data & findings to a non-technical audience.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills & a tendency to challenge the status quo.
- Relentless focus on delivering product enhancements that will drive real, measurable impact to improve the employee experience.
- Self-starter, able to drive work forward within an agile environment.
- High tolerance for ambiguity, challenge, & change.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!