Have you ever tried to hire a plumber? How about a house cleaner? If you have, chances are it took you way longer than it should. In the era of instant-everything, its crazy that you still have to waste an entire afternoon researching, calling & vetting local service professionals whenever you need one. The market for hiring them is huge $1 trillion in the US alone but the process is inefficient & largely offline.
Thumbtack is transforming this experience end-to-end, building a marketplace that matches millions of people with local pros for almost any project. In making these connections, not only do our customers get more done every day, our pros are able to grow their businesses & make a living doing what theyre great at.
These customers & pros come from all walks of life & every county in the country. We want our team to reflect that. If you come from an underrepresented background in tech, we strongly encourage you to apply. We challenge ourselves every day to make this a place where you can thrive just the way you are, so we can build a product that does the same for our customers & pros.
About the Analytics Team
Thumbtacks Analytics team is a tight-knit group charged with empowering Thumbtack to use data to guide decisions. We collaborate with teams across the company on a wide variety of impactful projects; everything from exploring click-level data on user experiences to evaluating the impact of a new business model on company performance. This role is about so much more than creating dashboards its telling the story of our business in a way that inspires action.
About the People Team
Our People Team believes in the power of our people. We know that with the right culture, development & support, our people can achieve anything. We do this by crafting an employee experience that starts from hiring incredible people, investing in their development, & providing a holistic approach to benefits & wellbeing.
About the Role
As a People Analyst, youll work with the People Team to uncover insights & unlock innovation to drive the best outcomes for our employees. Youll be expected to leverage your analytical expertise, product sense, & interpersonal skills to drive a variety of high-impact projects. You will embed directly with the People Team to get this done.
Outside supporting the People Team, youll contribute to our broader analytics team & company data culture by sharing your learnings, partnering with others, & building new capabilities for how we can use data to guide decisions. Team members personal & professional development is a priority for us. We have a solid track record of preparing team members not only for more senior responsibilities in analytics, but also for diverse roles across product, data science, & marketing.
- Design & build dashboards & analyses that power People Team decisions & operations. These reports span recruiting performance, employee engagement, & more.
- Prepare monthly and/or quarterly reporting for business leaders to help achieve hiring goals & support employees; voice recommendations based on data to influence leaders.
- Deep understanding of our recruiting & HRIS systems (e.g., Greenhouse, Workday) & how we leverage these systems for analytics.
- Stay on top of company insights, surfacing not just data but also findings & recommendations to the right individuals in the right forums.
- Present & share findings in team meetings both internal to the People Team & in partnership with leadership from engineering & other orgs.
- Contribute to our team & company data culture through peer collaboration, training, coaching, & more.
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Math, Statistics, or Computer Science
- 3+ years of experience in a highly analytical role, e.g. technology, finance, or consulting
- Exemplary analytical problem solving skills, including strong business judgment & the ability to identify & synthesize insights from analysis
- Ability to work with company executives to understand the companys recruiting needs & strategy
- Strong communicator, attentive listener, & compelling storyteller
- Proficiency in or desire to learn using SQL to analyze recruiting & HR data
- Prior work experience in Recruiting or Human Resources
- Statistics knowledge/experience
- Experience in statistical packages like R or Python
More About Us
Thumbtack is a local services marketplace one of the largest in the U.S. that helps millions of people hire local professionals. With hundreds of unique service categories, customers can find a Thumbtack pro for almost anything: landscapers, electricians, personal trainers, even math tutors. And in making these connections, we empower local pros too. Helping them get new customers & make a living doing what theyre great at.
Founded in 2008 & headquartered in San Francisco, Thumbtack is backed by over $400 million in investment from Sequoia Capital, CapitalG, Tiger Global Management, Javelin Investment Partners & Baillie Gifford.
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live & work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto & Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries.
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.