Latch is seeking a multi-talented Hardware Reliability Engineer. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in consumer electronics design & manufacturing. They should be competent in statistical analysis, design of experiments, & process control methodologies.
They will be starting out by performing root cause failure analysis of electronics, mechanical, & firmware issues. The ideal candidate will grow into a role identifying opportunities to generate & use data to drive continuous improvement across multiple product lines. This role will work with our domestic design, international manufacturing, & product teams to solve & prevent systemic hardware issues.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Perform root cause failure analysis on product return failures
- Debug mechanical & electronic issues, including at the PCBA level
- Identify high risk failure modes in hardware engineering designs
- Design & perform experiments to assess failure rate predictions & failure effects
- Analyze system level reliability during product development & production
- BS in EE, or related engineering field
- 5+ years in hardware product development or manufacturing
- Understanding of statistical analysis & process control methodologies
- Knowledge of electronic components & measurement tools
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, & interpersonal skills
- Statistical experience & mathematical modeling (JMP, MATLAB)
- Experience with Python
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture backed startup building the worlds first complete smart access system. We now boast over 100 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off & a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, & dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.