The mission for the IT Support Specialist is to provide customer-focused technical support of the companys technology services including end-user support, productivity suite support (Google, Microsoft), hardware & network troubleshooting, & respond to system & security alerts.
- Responsible for the administration & internal support of the companys laptop & desktop computers, printers, servers, phones, & related equipment.
- Monitor & respond quickly & effectively to user requests for technical support.
- Provide support for Apple, Windows & Linux laptops & desktops.
- Install, upgrade, support & troubleshoot G-Suite, Microsoft 365 productivity applications
- Perform desktop & server maintenance & upgrades & ensure hardware is kept up-to-date with OS patches & firmware updates.
- Manage on-boarding of new users to include PC setup & creation of user accounts for all applicable systems (G-suite, file sharing services, web applications, etc.)
- Manage patch levels & upgrades on desktop & server hardware on a regular scheduled basis
- Maintain asset inventory of all equipment, software, & software licenses
- Support & troubleshoot switches, routers & wireless access points in an enterprise environment
- Monitor & respond to system & security alerts. Investigate & resolve alerted issues.
- Document & maintain internal procedures & knowledge base articles.
- Interpersonal Communication - Friendly, easy to talk to & a good listener. Often solicits feedback & reacts calmly to negative feedback
- Flexibility/adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities & conditions. Copes effectively with complexity & change.
- Follow-through on commitments - Lives up to verbal & written agreements regardless of personal cost.
- Problem-solving - identify the root cause of technical issues & alerts to provide permanent resolution to technical issues & alerts.
- Works hard & smart: Delivers value consistently by being inquisitive, having a high degree of accountability & working with intent
- Driven: Fueled by passion & commitment, showing tenacity to overcome obstacles.
- Outcomes oriented: Dedicated to results. Track record of improving performance
- Effective communication: Speaks & writes clearly & directly with the appropriate level of detail to communicate an idea. Happy to embrace the ideas of others if they improve on your own. Understands that clarity is measured at the recipient's ear, not the speakers mouth. Able to understand the underlying question being asked & in the absence of that clear understanding can pursue an efficient line of inquiry to achieve that clarity.
- Teamwork: Work across team lines to value others contributions & support each other & drive everyone forward. #OneTeam