Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, & technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one weve made to our customers, doctors, & partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. Well never lose sight of the fact that behind all the craziness of the healthcare system, were just people looking after other people. Capsule has raised over $250 million from TCV, Thrive Capital, Glade Brook Capital, & The Virgin Group.
About the Role
With over 3,000 five star App Store reviews, our customers in New York City love us, & now were bringing our exceptional experience to customers across the country. Behind the scenes, weve built our internal platform to enable our pharmacy operations, pharmacy experience, & delivery teams to do their best work.
Were looking for an experienced product designer to lead the design of our platform & be the founding member of its design team. This is not merely a tool or an internal app, its the core of our business. Hundreds of people directly interact with it every day, & thousands more are impacted by it. Its an opportunity to solve complex problems at scale, that will not only have a huge impact on our business, but also improve the lives of patients, doctors, & your colleagues.
You will work directly with our Head of Design to build a foundation for Capsules business that will enable us to continue to innovate. More than just iterative feature additions, we need a complete design system that can keep pace with our rapid growth. You will learn about all aspects of our business, & get to solve challenging real-world problems. Capsule Design is a small but growing team, were collaborative & transparent. Youll be a key part of the team, helping to define our culture. Youll be closely involved in shaping the design of all of our products, not just the ones youre directly responsible for.
Some of the Things Youll Work On
- Work with Product & Insights teams to define the problems were trying to solve.
- Sketch, refine, & present solutions to those problems.
- Prototype those solutions, learn from the results & iterate.
- Deliver beautiful but functional final designs, & work closely with Engineering to make sure theyre implemented.
- Partner with & shadow our Operations teams to learn about their work, & how you can make their lives easier.
- Know & love our users (customers, providers, partners, & internal teams), be their champion.
- Help develop & define Capsules design sensibilities, methodologies, & culture.
- Contribute to Product & Design team growth, vision, & strategy.
- You have 5+ years of real-world experience in product design.
- Experience creating & maintaining robust design systems & component libraries.
- You possess a keen eye for detail while remaining pragmatic.
- You can handle a project from rough idea, through interaction design & visual design, all the way to shipping it.
- You have a human-centered, empathetic approach to design.
- Youre a good communicator.
- Youre proactive.
- Passionate about healthcare & our mission to improve the pharmacy experience
- Knowledge of front-end web development
- Expert knowledge of Figma
- Experience working on complex internal or dashboard products