We are looking for a business oriented Data Scientist to join our R&D center. The position is to be part of the team responsible for Vias research in a wide variety of topics, implementing solutions, & presenting your results to senior management. Our team is working on discovering information hidden in vast amounts of data to make intelligent business decisions & to deliver better products. Critical projects will focus on data-driven insights to guide product development & business direction.
What You'll Do
- Analyze large & complex data sets to discover hidden opportunities & help translate them into real product improvements.
- Develop predictive components to be deeply embedded in the algorithm & increase system efficiency.
- Assume responsibility for your research project, from initiation & feature design, through gathering insights, to implementing solutions & monitoring their performance.
Who You Are
- MBA / M.Sc. degree in technical/quantitative disciplines or equivalent practical experience
- Strong background in analysis & modeling
- Advantage for people with consulting experience
- 4-5 years of professional experience.
- Unafraid of diving into uncharted territories.
- Hands on can do attitude - with a desire to tackle complex problems.
- Independent, capable of taking ownership on issues from end to end.
- Real life experience - implementing statistical & machine learning, time series analysis, mathematical modeling.
- Experience with scripting languages.
- Capable of summarizing complex data & visualizing it simply & succinctly.
- Curiosity & a will to learn new technologies.
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems & sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized & customizable solutions for each & every one of our global partners (100 & counting, last we checked)
Long story short: were very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world & modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.