Convene is humanizing the built & virtual employed world. We create physical & digital experiences that inspire todays top talent as they Work, Meet, Play & Learn. We have spent the last year building a robust backend system to support our sales, production & data teams. Weve also produced front-end MVPs for our member & consumer experiences & learned a lot. Were in an ideal position to take our learnings & tie together the user experience across all of our products - Meetings, WorkPlace, Catering & Food Ordering, etc. Were looking for a Senior Product Manager to work autonomously across the business to recognize, pursue & execute opportunities to raise the bar on the Convene digital experience while taking into account our changing world.
By bringing aspects of our offerings online to consumers well change how Convene does business. This opportunity is suited for someone who excels in e-commerce, user experience, empathy, data-driven decision making & an overall understanding of back end functionality. You understand the flexible office market & are excited to introduce new experiences to it. You will be leading a small team within our broader Product organization which includes our amazing in-house software engineering & design teams. You will report to the VP of Digital Products & collaborate closely on the vision & direction of digital products at Convene.
- Establish best practices across the product managers - be an expert on maintaining a healthy backlog, working with engineers, coaching on managing stakeholder expectations & have a good understanding of our users
- Be the internal & external evangelist for the product vision
- Develop metrics & goals to measure success
- Collaborate closely with Convenes marketing & brand teams to ensure alignment & full execution
- Respond well to change & adapt priorities appropriately
- Inspire team to rapidly iterate & evolve to meet the rapidly evolving market
- Understand the operational backend & tooling that allows for product development initiatives to occur & appropriately flag when underlying systems may need to change
- Mentor & manage a world-class team focused on consumer-facing products
- 5-8 years of Product Management experience related to consumer products
- Experience with consumer internet products or marketplaces
- Passionate about design, aptitude for search, obsession with delightful user experience, & ability to bridge the online & offline world
- World class product vision, strategy, planning, development, & execution
- Strong analytical, data, & troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles & viable solutions
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome & works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Deep understanding of technical architecture for complex & highly scalable web & mobile applications
Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts & effectively simplify & communicate them to a non-technical audience
Who We Are:
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convenes NYC headquarters & learn more about our award-winning culture inNASDAQs Cultural Capital web series,take a tour of our largest location, andread a case studyon how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Magazines Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIns Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crains New York Fastest Growing Companies
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.