ABOUT THE ROLE:
Peloton Studios New York operates 365 days a year to deliver both a broad offering of highly engaging subscription content & world class boutique fitness offerings to our members. We are looking for an energetic, positive & customer service driven individual to join our Peloton Lounge team. You will work with the team to promote sales within the lounge, exude excellent customer service skills & are knowledgeable about the studio. In this role you will build rapport with clients, creating a loyal customer base while providing efficient & quality service.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Drive lounge sales growth & profitability through customer-centric selling, teamwork, superior product knowledge, & impeccable customer experience.
- Responsible for cutting, preparing, & serving products ensuring quality & efficiency, & customer satisfaction.
- Clean equipment & following proper food handling procedures.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of products prepared & served.
- Provide a luxury experience for customers.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the cafe to meet or exceed Health Department standards for cleanliness, food handling & sanitation areas.
- Clean storage areas & upkeep or member lounge areas.
- Monitor stocks of ingredients & food items & assist with the preparation of inventory supply orders.
- Receive delivered food stocks & supplies, verifying receipt of ordered items.
- Maintain a clean & organized work space.
- Store & rotate all products properly (follows FIFO).
- Properly store, label & date all products.
- Ensure that all items meet or exceed food safety standards.
- Present a clean-cut, neat & professional image.
- Share customer feedback with a store manager regarding product requests, concerns, & suggestions.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together collaboratively to achieve goals.
- Passion, knowledge, interest in health, fitness and/or wellness.
- Must have 1 year in customer service experience
- High school diploma/GED required or equivalent work experience
- Candidates must be at least 18 years or older to apply
- Ability to build customer relationships & deliver exceptional service.
- Possess a relentless commitment to achieving results.
- Ability to quickly learn new procedures, processes, & product knowledge.
- Proven success in achieving goals through customer-centric selling.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills with proficiency in English.
- Ability to work under pressure & multitask within a fast-paced environment
- As this is a customer facing retail position, you will be required to work on your feet for up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation. Physical essential functions of the job also require that all employees are able to lift up to 49 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends, holidays, early morning & late evening weekdays, adapting to meet the needs of the business
- Able to obtain local food handling certification where required
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.