Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, & grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult & expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware & software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, & more. We're working to find new & better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
We are looking for a senior-level Product Designer to lead design execution for Square's Team Management product. From smaller quick service restaurants to companies like Blue Bottle & Ben & Jerry's, the Team team provides the ability for merchants & team members from businesses of all sizes to schedule their workdays, organize jobs, pay their employees, track time & analyze sales. We are looking for a strong design presence to help establish a vision for the Square Team Management suite of web products & native apps to help businesses of all sizes grow & flourish with Square.
Please submit a link to your portfolio for consideration.
- Experience turning complex problems into simple & engaging customer experiences across multiple platforms: from native apps to responsive web to custom software designed for in-house purpose-built hardware.
- Strong prototyping skillsand ability to rapidly prototype solutions at varying levels of resolution
- Experience working with an iterative design process & ability to closely collaborate with product, research, data analytics, engineering, & marketing teams during product development from concept to launch & post-launch iteration.
- Exceptional visual & interaction design taste & ability to set a high-quality bar for your team
- Experience mentoring other designers
- Experience conducting customer research ranging from insight protocols to usability tests
At Square, we value diversity & always treat all employees & job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, & talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name & preferred method of contact, & we will respond as soon as possible.