At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live & get around our communities. Lyfts Transit, Bikes, & Scooters (TBS) team is growing rapidly, & we are looking for an Operational Program Manager (OPM) to help us implement incremental & iterative improvements to our hardware products. Come be part of a core team at Lyft focused on enabling & empowering engineering & operations teams to deliver solutions at immense scale.
Operations Program Managers at Lyft drive cross-functional initiatives, leveraging strong leadership, planning, communication, & collaboration skills. Our program managers are both operationally & technically strong with a combination of engineering, operations, & product experiences. They are problem solvers who make things happen around them by setting clear goals & inspiring teams to deliver. OPMs at Lyft are both strategic & tactical & do what it takes to successfully deliver key programs that have a material impact on the business.
The individual in this role will be focused on our sustaining fleet efforts for Lyfts TBS operations. The focus will be on improving upon the currently deployed fleet of Lyfts Bikes, Scooters, & Parking Infrastructure in two critical areas:
- Ideation: Managing the scoping/sizing of field failures & product improvements opportunities to provide prioritization of effort for the engineering team.
- Implementation: Coordinating the operational deployment of Hardware PRQs (Post-Ramp Qualifications), new firmware and/or software features to optimize in-fleet operability/reliability.
In addition, it will involve a highly cross-functional effort across engineering, manufacturing, & operations (both central & local) to keep our entire fleet as healthy as possible.
- Focus on observability: Identify, define, & drive the appropriate metrics required to keep our operations smooth - from availability on ground to usability definitions
- Seek out the highest value improvements to our current fleet of rideables/infrastructure by distilling reliability, operational, & customer data to provide business rationale for the commitment of organizational resources
- Work collaboratively with the technical program management (TPM) team on the development of engineering solutions during prototyping & field testing phases
- Coordinate with the manufacturing program management (MPM) team to establish delivery schedules for materials/components. Along with upstream implementation of hardware improvements at point-of-manufacturing
- Obtain operational resourcing & buy-in needed to deploy production-ready hardware, firmware/software improvements across our micro-mobility ecosystems
- Bridge the gap between operations, manufacturing, supply chain, & engineering ensure all requirements for new market/product launches are understood & achieved
- Partner with engineering, central /local operations, product, & data science leadership to drive highly collaborative teams & to enhance communication across teams & stakeholders
- Build comprehensive plans, identify risks, & to ensure smooth project launches with a goal of delighting our passengers & drivers
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies & constraints, in a highly dynamic & agile environment
- Proven ability to operate effectively & autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high-level direction
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a thorough understanding of dependency management
- Able to communicate highly technical problems & solutions at all levels from engineer to partner to C-level executives
- Able to influence, negotiate & inspire others in a matrixed environment. Excellent organization, planning skills, & attention to detail
- Experience delivering projects in large-scale, distributed production systems, & 24x7 production operations
- Experience compiling & presenting business & technology options, backed by data & experimentation, to decision makers
- At least 8 years of hardware operations with an engineering background preferred
- Product management experience a bonus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States & Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated & up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated & up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; & 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.
This role is work-from-anywhere, excluding the following states & territory: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wyoming, Puerto Rico.