Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Principal Product Manager, Information Policy to be a key leader in proactively preparing for rising regulatory policies & rethinking data protection & access in the age of cloud applications & distributed systems. The person in this role will be fully immersed in Privacy Engineering & Identity & Access management. You are a subject matter expert, who brings organization to everything you do & are excited about bringing the worlds best minds together to solve evolving hard problems. You will lead product roadmaps, system design & integration in all aspects of Information Policy Management & unite stakeholders in security, privacy, legal, compliance, & more to ensure stronger access policies, aligned stakeholders, & automated processes. Reporting to the Director of Information Policy Management, this innovator will guide our data access platform efforts in building & managing solutions like: permission policy distribution, centralized policy management, core authentication & authorization processes, & regional infrastructure turnup, etc.
Twilio is looking for a technical product leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of driving adoption & awareness, as well as shipping features & services that balance functionality, user experience, & business needs. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in building highly scalable, robust, & resilient products & platforms in a big data environment to lead our Information Policy implementation & engineering efforts.
- Built with & secured microservice architecture; executed on SOA principles.
- Experience with creating, rolling out, & maintaining granular authorization systems for people, machines, & workloads; Leading with a customer first mentality.
- Knowledge & experience in approaches to federating Policy-Based Access Control, securing user data, & keeping it private.
- Analytical approach to solving system issues including understanding system interdependencies & operability.
- Significant hands-on system design & coding experience in building & deploying high-tier systems at scale. Can distill complex problems & drive towards practical & creative solutions.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Principal Product Manager specializing in data protection & enterprise identity & access management, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Drive a talented team to build, maintain, manage, & monitor Twilios core authorization services to improve operational burdens while ensuring compliance & customer trust.
- DRAW THE OWL: Develop a unified roadmap, set team vision, & measure the most important technical & business indicators.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Be comfortable in unchartered territory as we build unique privacy technologies & grow user trust. We need your expertise & enthusiasm to make it happen.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Help talented engineers develop towards their goals & sculpt a cross-functional team culture of feedback & transparency. Enable Data Soverity & support other opportunities around Governance Portal, Data Profiling, Data Lineage, & Governance Integrations.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Challenge the status quo with fact-based & metrics-oriented principles, minimize operational frictions & ongoing overhead by enabling teams pragmatically & being customer-obsessed.
The Information Policy Management team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We focus on building both the user-facing features & internal services that provide our user choices around their data, build trust by managing data risks, advance data privacy & security, & enable our business by unlocking revenue opportunities. We work relentlessly to ensure consumer privacy & data protection through differentiated products & services, standards in engineering, policy, & transparent communications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Twilio has a distributed & remote-friendly office structure, thus the location of this position will be flexible. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.