BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
The Editorial Project Manager is responsible for the strategic & tactical management of proactive editorial video planning, translating editorial platform goals, & managing editorial sponsorships from pre-sale through launch. This position works closely with internal stakeholders to ensure efficient communication & execution of editorial sponsorships.
The position is project-based & located in our LA office. We offer competitive compensation. Not to mention a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks & drinks to special events & screenings.
- Accumulate information from editorial leads on quarterly tentpoles, projects & goals into a pipeline
- Outline trends, formats & platforms into an external facing document
- Pulling data across IPs each quarter to assist with sales information
- Problem-solves between inter-departmental teams on a daily basis
- Manages incoming opportunities during the pitch process
- Manages the overall execution process & ensuring all deliverables are met across sponsorships
- Ensures each programs brand guidelines are met & content is aligned with client expectations before deliverables are submitted
- Participate in client calls/meetings where concepts & pitches are discussed.
- Work with Business Operations, Sales & Account Management teams to track opportunities & ensure they remain in scope as they make their way through the sales pipeline
- Key participation in the development of new products, offerings, & initiatives
- Work with Business Operations & other internal stakeholders on ongoing process optimization initiatives
- Problem-solve & communicate between inter-departmental teams during the production process
- Maintain project timelines, product shipments, meetings/calls both internal & external as well as all execution logistics & next steps.
- 3-5 years experience at an agency or competitive media or publishing company
- Significant experience with a wide array of brands
- Advanced knowledge of video pre-production, production, & post-production, including workflows & processes, equipment & software programs/tools
- History of Innovative, strategic thinking & planning skills
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure & with many styles of executives, communicators, program managers & subject matter experts, both at the corporate & business levels
- Knowledge of digital marketing & video branding is a MUST
- Motivated by creative excellence
- CPG client experience a plus
- No Haters
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.