Healthcare is complicated. But it doesn't have to be. Alto's mission is to fulfill medicine's true purposeto improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We are a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage & fill their prescriptions with a patient-centric, technology-driven online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, we offer cost transparency, personalized mobile support, & real-time coordination with doctors & insurance companies.
Getting medicine to everyone who needs it involves a dizzying number of moving parts. We aim to make every aspect of that experience as safe, seamless, & delightful as humanly possible. That's why we're committed to fixing a broken pharmacy industry & enhancing the quality of life for others.
We recently raised our Series C, surpassed 400 employees across four locations, & achieved $200M ARR in 2019. Our journey is just beginning, & we welcome you to join us in building a better pharmacy experience for all who need it, everywhere. We are looking to scaling Alto from three markets today to over 50 markets in 36 months.
The FP&A & Strategic Finance, Director will directly support the Head of Finance to lead our quickly growing FP&A & Analytics teams. You will lead all budgeting, forecasting, & long-range planning for the Company & will help coordinate the overall company planning process & all associated reporting deliverables to the executive leadership team & the Board of Directors.
You will also have primary responsibility for leading all revenue & demand planning & for providing strategic analysis & delivering business insights to drive optimized decision-making, will provide financial leadership for business partnerships, & will have a key role in assessing business development opportunities. As we expand into new markets this role will build out a regional finance team responsible for FP&A & Analytics of each market & directly support the General Manager of each market.
- Leader in long term planning & strategy & constantly seeking to value-add to current process, information system, & business growth
- Lead the team to build complex financial models & analyses, including competitive analysis, gross margin analysis, pro forma models, scenario-based models with sensitivities, etc.
- Leverage financial insights & business acumen to drive effective cross collaboration & decision making, making recommendations on best practices to guide department leader behaviour
- Identification & maintenance of key metrics as the business evolves to help provide insights into performance including CAC, sales productivity, pipeline velocity, etc.
- Develop high profile communications & presentations targeted to Altos leadership team, including annual, quarterly & monthly reporting budget & churn numbers, BOD, MBR, & Finance Review
- Develop analytical frameworks, identify operational weakness & help define & pioneer new processes to support Altos growth in new markets & keep local teams as efficient as possible
- Invest in the team & yourself: be just as creative, adaptive, & eager to learn new technical skill sets as you are in teaching & developing others
- Partner with the Accounting Team to provide input on management reporting needs & better understand our actuals vs. plan & forecast to support the month-end close process
You are an ideal candidate if you:
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of FP&A, investment banking, equity research, strategy consulting, or strategic finance roles
- Experience supporting ecommerce, delivery models, B2B sales, and/or consumer retail - healthcare experience a plus, but not required
- Experience in a startup or other fast-changing environment & in consumer markets
- Strong people management experience, high EQ, & proven ability to deliver outstanding results through others in a timely manner using a strong sense of focus, organization, & meticulous attention to detail
- Experience building & managing a distributed team
- Have strong business judgment & analytical skills, & can use data to prioritize, drive strategic discussion, & ultimately deliver real outcomes. Ability to communicate & listen effectively with great written, verbal & presentation skills.
- Are extremely resourceful & entrepreneurial. Enjoy doing whatever it takes to break through unexpected barriers & obstacles, & balance detail-orientation with the ability to move fast.
- B.A/B.S, MBA is a plus.
- Have a passion for Altos mission & values!
Youll love this role if you:
- Want to be a part of a fast-paced & ever changing start up
- Enjoy playing a key role at the company level & want to be part of Altos success.
- Want a passionate, humble, & exciting culture
Want to learn more about Alto? Check out our blog.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.