VICE is the worlds preeminent youth media company & content creation studio. Launched in 1994, VICE now operates in over 30 countries & distributes its programming to hundreds of millions of viewers each month across digital, linear, mobile, film & socials. VICE includes an international network of digital channels; a television & feature film production studio; a magazine; a record label; an in-house creative services agency; a book-publishing division; & an international TV network, VICELAND.
VICE's award-winning programming has been recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, Peabody Awards, Canadian Screen Award, Sundance Film Festival, PEN Center, Cannes Lions, Frontline Club, Knight Foundation, American Society of Magazine Editors, LA Press Club, & Webby Awards, among others.
JOB TITLE: Head of Client Services & Business Development, Virtue
REPORTS TO: Direct report into the Brooklyn-basedPresident of Virtue & soft report into the President of VICE Canada
OVERVIEW: The Head of Client Services is responsible for creating an ideal working partnership between the agency & clients as, well as leading our overall direction & strategic growth.We are looking for someone to establish high-functioning collaborative working relationships with internal teams to drive & deliver on client goals & objectives.A highly experienced marketer, the Head of Client Services should possess a wealth of integrated communications experience; to understand & promote a 360 approach to marketing, audience engagement & industry innovation. This individual must be able to build positive relationships with c-suite & executive-level clients.
Working closely with the VP, of Virtue Canada, the Head of Client Services must foster a culture of growth & development within the entire client services & BD team. Together, they regularly exhibit initiative in all areas of improving the management & growth of all clients, demonstrating a sense of ownership & the ability to manage independently.
Financial responsibilities include review & sign-off of monthly billing & forecasting, client management or escalation of billing as needed. Candidates must be prepared for a fast-paced environment & be comfortable making decisions. Additionally, mastery of leading account financials & highly experienced in producing profitable agency relationships is key.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the development of long-term account success & growth.
- Ensures client relationships remain harmonious & that the clients receive a quality of service that will encourage further growth & profitability.
- Mines for new opportunities, as well as organic growth with existing clients, by building relationships across the clients organization & with key industry partners.
- Recognizes & seizes opportunities to contribute to agency new business.
- Works with Strategy to transform knowledge of client business objectives, internal & competitive opportunities, & customer insights into actionable marketing communications strategies & tactics.
- Provides the Client Services team with direction & input to ensure business & project goals are met.
- An active leader & motivator; conveying the vision & goals of the organization; the North Star of the Client Services Team.
- Responsible for the development of team members through trainings & identifying areas for growth.
- Coach & mentor for direct reports; close talent gaps & motivate them to develop skills.
- Exhibits deep understanding & enthusiasm for clients business & industry; can speak directly to their unique needs & recommend creative strategies accordingly.
- Regularly informs Executive Team on the status of the business, including escalation as needed.
- Support the VP of Virtue on all inbound, outbound, & ad hoc growth initiatives
- Partner with VP of Virtue on setting revenue targets, sales pipeline, & designing a plan for tracking & activity reporting.
- Develop agency relationships with Canadian search consultants & lead all inbound & outbound consultant communications.
- Develop outbound prospecting strategy & build robust new business pipeline with team by researching, identifying, & targeting cold & warm prospects
- Minimum of bachelors degree or equivalent in a related field; a graduate degree is a plus.
- 10 to 12+ years of experience, which may include agency or senior client-side marketing experience.
- Expertise in integrated marketing across digital & traditional channels.
- An impressive track record of project & performance management; youre known for your ability to coach & develop talent, inspire & drive change, & bring varied groups together to collaborate.
- Demonstrated solid senior-level client experience, & the ability to navigate complex organizations.
- Ability to craft creative briefs & provide clear, persuasive summaries to Creative & Strategy teams, & remain an active contributor throughout the creative development process.
- Versatility in ideation across programs; campaign, brand IP, social, experiential, influencer, & beyond.
- Concurrently lead & grow multiple clients.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Professionalism, maturity, & gravitas to build strong relationships at all levels, both internally & with clients.
- Adept at leading account financials & is highly experienced in producing profitable agency relationships.
- Excellent Business Development skills & acumen
***This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Vice Media are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties***
If you do not hear back from us within one month of applying then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you once again for applying & we wish you success in your future career.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
VICE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, colour, religion, gender, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, veteran status, & any other classification protected by law. For questions or concerns please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice strives to provide equal access to our premises & to communicate with individuals in a manner that is accessible to all of our customers, & respects the dignity & independence of people with disabilities. For questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.