At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on Operations Specialist to support program management of the BayWheels bikeshare operation. You will report to an Operations Manager, & work together to ensure reliability & availability of our bike fleet, as well as overall operational excellence for the program. This job is based at SFHQ & may require frequent field & warehouse work throughout the Bay Area region, as needed. This role will support 24 hour operations, 7 days a week.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Write & upkeep SQL queries & dashboards for local & regional data needs
- Define & maintain operational & quality metrics to evaluate performance of third party operators
- Oversee aspects of contractor relationship management for daily field operations
- Serve as a thought leader & individual contributor for cross-functional & team collaborative projects
- Own GIS development & mapping / .json implementation
- Deep-dive into the data to find root cause issues & propose possible solutions with the teams
- Build new, local operational processes that help Lyft scale
- Entrepreneurial self-starter - you naturally take ownership, look for opportunities, & do whatever it takes to drive results
- Seek out & propose efficiencies to workflows that improve the bottom line & top line of the operation
- Perform supplemental work in one or more ownership categories assigned to you
- Create playbooks to govern day-to-day operations, as needed
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with GIS, mapping, & geo.json creation preferred
- Experience with Excel or Google Sheets strongly preferred
- Experience overseeing operations for a complex, fast-moving, rapidly changing environment such as a distribution warehouse, restaurant, or delivery operation
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude
- Obsessed with process improvement
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.