Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an IT Analyst to join our Information Technology team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Working with our IT team, you will serve as the front line for technical support. We are growing rapidly, & building most everything from scratch on Mac, Linux, & Chrome OS. The ideal candidate will be someone who enjoys supporting systems with automation & security in mind, as well as provides cross-support for the other Oscar offices.
- Develop a deep understanding of Oscars internal IT function to support end users as efficiently as possible & increase SLAs
- Follow existing policies & procedures when assisting clients, to ensure proper handling of requests, making suggestions for improvement when appropriate
- Comfortably participate in an on-call rotation to handle off-hours support requests
- Become familiar with our processes & procedures & be able to elevate the performance of this team with your own ideas & contributions
- Build a strong relationship with our amazing users & be able to assist them as they need
- Bring a can do attitude to all we do
- 1+ years supporting large environments of Mac & Chrome OS users with an ability to patiently troubleshoot issues while helping to educate end users.
- Up to date knowledge about the latest tools & methods for managing these environments
- An excellent bedside manner, good written & oral communication skills
- Experience with inventory control & provisioning laptops
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, deliver results & exceed expectations
- You love owning things: youre proud of the things you build & thrive with responsibility
- Experience with Google Workplace
- Experience with JAMF
- Experience working with Service desk(Jira/Zendesk/ServiceNow)
- Establish business & technical boundaries & constraints
- A love for people that equals your love for technology
- Apple Certified Support Professional
- JAMF 100 Certification
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
COVID-19 vaccine requirements for in-person work:
To protect the health & safety of our employees, we require any employee conducting in-person work* to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or protected religious reasons, please reach out to our Benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit an accommodations request.
*Note: In-person work includes: employees required to work from our offices (either full-time or part-time), employees conducting sales work in the field & employees conducting at-home or in-person visits with members.