Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial & real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence & delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies & academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk & optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers & partners worldwide & empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win & are fully committed to selecting leaders & employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif & Glen de Vries, & have global operations in US, Europe & Asia with over 2000 employees.
The Financial Analyst will support activities including financial & management reporting, monthly closing activities, monthly reporting on planned/forecasted performance vs. actual performance, assisting with planning & forecasting, & coordination with assigned departments in Finance. The Financial Analyst will provide analytical support on new business initiatives & special projects as assigned & is expected to understand financial principles & apply working knowledge of the operations of assigned departments.
- Assist in revenue reporting & analysis for monthly presentation to senior & executive management. Participate in preparation of various analytical reports for distribution to executive management.
- Analyze historical performance to understand trends & key drivers. Make recommendations to improve performance & processes based on findings.
Work cross functionally with business partners including Finance, Sales, Sales Operations & Pricing.
- Maintain revenue models & systems that drive the revenue reporting & forecasting process, & support enhancements to those models & systems
- Establish processes & track performance against annual plans, forecasts & projections.
Assist in various finance led ad-hoc requests from the CFO & senior management
- Proficiency with office automation software (MS Office Suite)
- Proficiency with Tableau or related business intelligence & analytics software
- Strong verbal, written, & presentation communication skills
- Ability to work with concepts & work independently
- Excellent problem diagnosis & analytical skills
- Ability to balance several conflicting demands to achieve optimum services performance with minimum disruption to business operations
- Sound experience in devising ways to extract data from many sources & translate this data into useful information
- Ability to be adaptable & flexible while responding to deadlines on assignments & workflow fluctuations
- Computer literacy with regards to accounting systems & data consolidation systems
- Data visualization & demonstrated ability to use data to develop relevant insights & influence decision making
Your Education & Experience:
- 4-year college degree required, or equivalent experience
- Major in accounting or finance strongly preferred
- Over 2 years work experience in a financial capacity with experience in budgeting, forecasting, & reporting
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug & medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs & medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology & Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications & intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality & efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state & local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.