Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Are you interesting in working on one of the most exciting domain & fast-growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Real-time payments (RTP) is a new strategic initiative at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting, individuals & businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries & regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments.
Part of the broader Digital & Developer Platform organization, RTP team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best & brightest technologists with ambition & drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach & scale of Visa's payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity & you feel excited about joining & leading the revolution- come join us!
Sr. Director - Technical Product Management (TPM)
A TPM is a leader of strategy, planning, & execution/delivery. The RTP team is looking for a seasoned TPM leader who is passionate about building scalable, secure & highly reliable, mission-critical software in a fast-paced agile environment. As TPM, you will work with product partners, clients & industry leaders to define & design next generation of Visa's payment network. The position is based out of Bangalore, India.
The role requires, dealing with ambiguity & constantly shaping requirements in a fast-changing space by engaging in technical & functional discussions with manyteams & continuous engagement with product managers & clients across a range of Visa's new & existingproducts.
Successful candidates will be highly adaptable, possess strong interpersonal & organizational skills, & able to effectively manage multiple work streams. The ideal candidate for this position will have more than 15 years of technical product management experience with an ability to think tactically as well as strategically. The person should be able to lead cross functional teams in a highly matrixed environment. A background working in a high transaction, highly available online payment environment would be a plus. Payment is a deep domain- the candidate should be a fast learner & able to pick up new domain quickly.
Accountabilities - General:
- Technical product management functions including functional specs, roadmap, project management, issue/risk management, & cross-division coordination.
- Extensive cross-organization collaboration playing a crucial role in interfacing with various technology teams & business stakeholders to identify requirements, converting them to functional specs, prioritizing, & driving execution using agile methodologies.
- Be the customer seat in the engineering team- deep passion for satisfying customer needs & influencing design & priority appropriately.
- Partner with Product Management to define the roadmap working with the product & engineering teams.
- Work closely with the engineers & contribute to the development of design architectsand Quality Assurance test plans
- Plan & conduct User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders, Bug bashes, & Hackathons
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously & ensure on-time/quality delivery
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 or more years of relevant experience in technical product management
- Proven track record in shaping new solutions in emerging markets & delivering scalable platforms
- Strong analytical & technical skills.
- Proven managerial skill with leading teams across geographies
- Reputation for being a collaborative thought partner & business leader, with ability to organize & motivate work across multiple team boundaries
- Proven track record of shipping product in time.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate large scale planning, development & user acceptance testing efforts
- Excellent communication skills at all organizational levels.
- Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking & process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
- Educational background in Computer Science/Engineering. MBA is a plus.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.