At Databricks, we are obsessed with enabling data teams to solve the worlds toughest problems, from security threat detection to cancer drug development. We do this by building & running the worlds best data & AI infrastructure platform, so our customers can focus on the high value challenges that are core to their own missions.
Founded in 2013 by the original creators of Apache Spark, Databricks has grown from a tiny corner office in Berkeley, CA to a global organization with over 1000 employees. Thousands of organizations, from small to Fortune 100, trust Databricks with their mission-critical workloads, making us one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world.
On the engineering side, we are well known for attracting the best engineers in Silicon Valley. Our teams build highly technical products that fulfill real, important needs in the world. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of technologies, but at the same time we wont shy away from the grunt work that is critical in making sure our customers are successful on our platform.
To continue scaling the business, we are establishing a major engineering center in Toronto. As a first step, we are looking for a few engineering managers/directors & senior engineers to form the Toronto founding team!
As a founding member of our Canadian R&D center, you will be critical in growing the new Toronto engineering center to a major, high functioning R&D organization for Databricks.
- Recruit a world-class software engineering team, from sourcing to closing.
- Lead & drive high performance engineering team building a reliable, secure, & scalable SaaS infrastructure & product.
- Establish high technical standards through processes & culture.
- Mentor & coach engineers to help them carve out a fulfilling career.
- Evangelize & uphold our cultural principles: be customer obsessed, be data-driven, team work makes the dream work, & own it.
- Experience being responsible for testing, quality, & SLAs of a product. Previous experience building & leading teams in a complex technical domain, such as on distributed data systems or database internals.
- Ability to attract, hire, & coach world-class engineers. Can uplevel existing team via hiring top-notch senior talent, growing leaders & helping struggling members. Can gain trust of team & guide their careers. Experience managing distributed teams preferred.
- Existing experience building & running cloud platforms or demonstrated ability to quickly learn new concepts in the SaaS space (e.g technical background & fast learner).
- Comfort working cross functionality with product management & directly with customers; ability to deeply understand product & customer personas.
- Top of the market compensation
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free lunch
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Medical, dental, vision
- Maternity & paternity plan