Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Technical Account Manager to be the designated technical support engineering contact for our strategic customers. As a designated technical contact you will work with our customers to resolve complex technical problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences. You should have an interest in digging deep as well as be able to zoom out & look at the larger picture. The TAM delivers proactive guidance to the customer to provide added value through the use of Twilio technologies & deliver recommendations to make the customers environment less susceptible to business impacting downtime. You are able to remain calm & effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization & evaluation of situational urgency.
Twilio is looking for a TAM who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of technical support experience. They also have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs & ability to understand & troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, & basics of SSL/TLS.
- Comfortable in working with customers developers to troubleshoot use of the Twilio helper libraries.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, & proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes & procedures.
- Enthusiasm for interacting & collaborating with other departments within Twilio in your search for the solutions our customers need.
- Ability to stand in the customers shoes & demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
As a Technical Account Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Use your strong technical & diplomatic skills to address customer issues & provide customer feedback to Twilios Product & Engineering teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Work with our customers' & partners' developers, architects, & support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly & far-reaching consequences.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with your teammates & the Twilio Product & Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- DRAW THE OWL: Understand customer trends, analyze patterns, drive betterments & report what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process is a key part of the role.
The Customer Support Organization is central to Twilio's continued growth. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products & our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, & your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.