Solution Architects are responsible for helping Instacart's retailer partners successfully integrate with our single sign on, loyalty, fulfillment APIs & other products that require deep integration of technical systems. You'll support our largest retailers through the entire lifecycle of their integrations as they build experiences for their customers. You will be responsible for designing & presenting integration plans to retailers' technical teams & business partners. You'll create technical documentation, code samples, & other content for our developer portal. You'll communicate with external developers through email & Slack to solve issues & guide their product development. You'll also collaborate with internal teams to prioritize bugs fixes & feature improvements.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will collaborate with technical stakeholders from our retail partners to understand system & business needs, generating solution proposals & driving their execution through to launch.
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership & responsibility for managing things directly.
- You will be the primary technical contact from Instacart in integration projects & drive progress.
- You will work closely with product managers, other teams, & both internal & external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- You will become a technical expert on the Instacart platform & our retailer APIs.
- You will work with our internal engineering team to develop tools, processes, & documentation to scale our partnerships.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent work experience.
- A strong sense of ownership.
- A passion for solving complex business problems with external stakeholders.
- Self-motivation & an enjoyment for a startup environment.
- Previous experience as a software engineer or experience building web, iOS or Android apps.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills on technical topics.
- Ability to creatively problem solve with engineering team & stakeholders.
Bonus points if you have:
- Previous experience in a client facing role or building APIs for external developers
- Previous experience in enterprise system integrations
- Strong project management skills
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Strong analytical & debugging skills
- Still writes some code
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional & local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluckeveryone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Want to see a slice of life at Instacart? Checkout #tasteofinstacart on Instagram & LinkedIn
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment & proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current & future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring & promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.