About the team
The R&D Product Development Team at Harrys is responsible for all hard product launches (razor handles, cartridges, & accessories) from concept to mass production. As Harrys continues to grow as a Mens Grooming brand, the Product Development Team will also be the primary driver of new hard product innovation.
About the role
The Product Development Engineer at Harrys will contribute to all aspects of mechanical design of our hard products including cartridges, razor handles, accessories, & more. This individual will work collaboratively within a cross functional team to design mechanical components of Harrys products ensuring that mechanical robustness, manufacturability, time to market, & cost goals are met. There are opportunities to interact at all levels of the company as well as great potential for growth while working with our more senior team members.
What you will accomplish:
- Bring your passion & enthusiasm for engineering & teams to work every day.
- Detailed design of mechanical components throughout all phases of product development ranging from early concept to mass production readiness.
- Develop 3D CAD models, 2D engineering drawings, & specifications as part of the product development process, for prototypes & final products.
- Develop & implement plans for research, design for manufacturing, design validation, qualification, etc. in partnership with R&D cross functional partners.
- Participate in & drive engineering design reviews.
- Clearly document & communicate design history & intention, engineering change orders, etc. to multifunctional team & third-party suppliers.
- Collaborate with local & overseas engineering & manufacturing partners to qualify part tooling & define visual quality requirements.
- Perform root cause analysis & corrective actions implementation as a result of assembly or reliability testing issues.
- Make data driven decisions.
- Travel up to 25%
This should describe you:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering related discipline or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the design, testing, & development of new products using a range of manufacturing processes & materials, potentially with emphasis on plastic/elastomer injection molded parts & metal parts (e.g. sheet metal, CNC, MIM, etc.).
- Creative, analytical, dynamic, & operates with flexibility.
- Experience using engineering analysis methods such as FEA, Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, DFMEA, DFA, Design of Experiments, etc.
- Having an ability to articulate & defend engineering decisions as well as communicate clearly with cross functional teams.
- High motivation to teach, learn, & contribute to both product & process development within the R&D team.
- Proficient in one 3D MCAD package. Solidworks is preferred.
- Experience creating 2D engineering drawings.
- Sense of humor!
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Manager of Product Design Engineering.
- Working on the R&D NPI Product Design Team.
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Industrial Design, Program Management, Operations, Quality, Marketing, & Research.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.