You will be part of the team that is building the test automation framework for Magic Leap devices & ecosystems. In this role, you will help develop the building blocks of automation infrastructure & tests. The goal is to develop an automation system & develop automated scripts to test the software quality in a very efficient manner & empower a wide community of software engineering teams to build a quality product.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Automation Test team that is building a highly effective, efficient & reliable test automation system. This automation system helps the Magic Leap software community get quick SW quality feedback using various automated testing. Candidate must be able to understand the test automation needs of the company, maintain the roadmap of automated testing for the ML platform, & lead the efforts during implementation & integration with internal teams.
- Leading the test automation efforts within the SW organization
- Manage & mentor a team of developers in the automation team
- Help architect, design & develop highly efficient & reliable automation framework, tests scripts & supporting systems
- Build & maintain the roadmap of the Automation Framework, test scripts & lab infrastructure
- Ensure that automation lab is running all developed tests at optimum efficiency & reliably
- Run daily standups & manage the sprint backlog among team members
- Perform code reviews, code optimizations & lead architectural design
- Assist QA & Dev teams contribute to the automated tests by collaborating with them
- Participate & be a leading voice during road-map, backlog, & sprint planning
- Recruit other talented engineers
- Write technical documents: white papers, architecture diagrams, module & API descriptions when needed
- Minimum 8 years of hands on development experience with C#, C/C++ & Python, developing successful software automation systems, test scripts, etc.
- Minimum 4 years of team lead and/or management experience
- Experience with automated build systems, automated testing, automation farms & release management
- Excellent understanding of test results/data generated by the automation systems & how to use them for future improvement of the product SW
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Experience with some of the various areas of embedded systems testing, such as, Memory, Power, Performance, Display, acoustic, sensors & cameras on mobile devices is a huge plus
- Knowledge of Powershell, OpenCV is a plus
- Ability to work in fast paced & agile environment & manage multiple priorities on a daily basis to produce desired outcome
- Familiarity with Robotics is a plus
- Excellent oral & written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic & can do attitude
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.