CARMERAs mission is to power safe autonomy & mobility for all. We recently joined Woven Planet, the advanced mobility subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, & are very energized about the growth this will fuel. To deliver on our mission, our executives need to simultaneously lead CARMERAs execution on our own roadmap while strategically embedding & aligning with an international parent organization.
As the Executive Assistant, your expertise will elevate the impact & focus of our executives to the most critical, strategic matters. You will partner closely with the management team, always a step ahead of them & able to anticipate their needs, because you will have unparalleled insight into their calendar, inbox, routines & preferences - leveraging it all to your (and their) benefit. This role will also coordinate with the rest of the Automated Mapping Platform team within Woven Planet, which now spans three continents. The role will be based in New York, NY (reporting to co-founder / CEO of CARMERA | Head of AMP North America), but CARMERA executives & team members are based across the US, including our other main office in Seattle, WA. To be successful, you will be hyper-organized & detail-oriented.
NOTE: If you are not sure that youre 100% qualified, but up for the challenge please apply! Skills are transferable & passion for our mission goes a long way.
- Be the primary steward (and gatekeeper as needed) in managing calendars, communications, & administrative tasks for executive staff members who are both local & remote
- Coordinate travel (domestic & international, COVID-dependent) for executive staff including preparing itineraries, securing visas, managing travel costs, & monitoring in-progress itineraries for issues
- Regularly communicate & coordinate with administrative / team assistants from other departments & offices
- Assist with emails, documentation, preparing presentations & agendas
- Assist with expense management
- Communicate with external stakeholders on behalf of the organization as necessary
- Coordinate meetings across multiple US & global time zones including setting up video conferences & necessary tech
- Support coordination of marketing, team & executive events
- Support select personal administrative tasks for executive team that require attention during the work week
To be considered for this role you should meet the following:
- 4+ years of experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience to senior team members
- Ability to organize a daily & weekly workload by priorities
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem solving with strong, common sense decision-making skills
- Ability to operate with necessary urgency while not compromising on attention to detail
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Experience working with & supporting remote teammates & coordinating across multiple, global time zones
- Sensitivity & ability to embrace cross cultural etiquette & communication norms of an international workplace, particularly those of an organization with Japanese roots
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- Experience supporting executives within a tech company
- Tech savvy with an in-depth understanding of key tools like G Suite (including managing as a proxy for others), Microsoft Office, Slack, Zoom/Google Meet, A/V meeting setups
- Ability to read/write or speak Japanese
Benefits & Perks
- Attractive cash & equity compensation package
- No state or city income taxes in our New York office as part of the START-UP NY program for new employees, nor in our Seattle office per Washington state laws
- Generous benefits package including premium health care plan, free cell phone plans & more
- Currently we're all working remotely, but even before transitioning to WFH, we embraced flexible working norms & time-off
- Flex Perks (flexible funds for professional development, wellness or productivity)
- Generous paid, parental leave (16 weeks for Primary Caregivers | 8 weeks for Secondary Caregivers)
- Telehealth benefits
- Short-term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Disability Insurance
- Work on groundbreaking civic challenges cutting across some of the most meaningful innovations of this era, including autonomy, smart cities, IoT, big data & AI
- Be a foundational part of an exceptional, close-knit team who have diverse backgrounds & embrace challenges that are hard but achievable
INSIDER TIP: Want to elevate your application to the top? A well articulated response to the question about related experience is the best way to insure an interview.
*This position is open to applicants currently residing in New York, NY.**
We are an equal opportunity employer & diversity is critical to our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are advocates for justice & overt promoters of marginalized, under-represented groups & individuals.