At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a bright, energetic, & self-motivated Regulatory Compliance Specialist with at least 2 years of paralegal or regulatory compliance experience. The Compliance Team is responsible for understanding, communicating, & fulfilling Lyfts legal requirements. As a Regulatory Compliance Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring Lyfts licensing processes run smoothly & efficiently across various lines of business. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial & comfortable working in an ambiguous, quickly-changing & fast-paced environment. You will report directly to the Senior Counsel, Regulatory Compliance.
- Prepare & manage files & documents, including initial & renewal license applications, to ensure that Lyfts compliance requirements are met with regard to multiple lines of business
- Help determine which licenses Lyft must obtain before launching a business line in a new market
- Ensure that all of Lyfts licenses & permits are valid, up to date, & timely renewed
- Oversee the maintenance of compliance records & data
- Liaise with other teams within the Company & external parties regarding licensing matters
- Assist team members with issues, questions & research related to licensing & other compliance issues
- Bachelors degree & 2+ years relevant paralegal or compliance experience
- Proficiency working in a Mac environment, & specifically with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.), Excel, Adobe Acrobat & Word
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written & verbal) & interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, rapidly-evolving workplace
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, & simultaneously manage complex workloads, multiple client demands, & shifting priorities
- Be a resourceful self-starter & have a passion for results. Embody Lyfts culture, & operate with high standards & ethics
- An understanding of the transportation & ridesharing industries, as well as the sharing economy in general
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.