Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastlys edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, & reliably by processing, serving, & securing our customers applications as close to their end-users as possible at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, & to support agile software development. Fastlys customers include many of the worlds most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, & GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Product Designer
Fastly goes beyond performance, beyond speed were an extension of a companys application enabling businesses to build better, faster products. As a Product Designer you will help us redefine whats possible with the way the world experiences the internet. You will focus on translating complex business problems into highly-intuitive, design solutions & act as the user advocate throughout the product development life cycle.
What You'll Do
- Youll partner with Product Managers to identify & ideate on design solutions to meet customer expectations & business requirements. Translate design solutions into navigation flows, wireframes, visual designs, & rapid prototypes. Continuously iterate over designs to improve the user experience.
- Youll partner with Engineers closely to evaluate design alternatives, ensure that solutions are technically feasible & reuse established interaction patterns & UI components when appropriate
- Youll plan & conduct user research, including: usability testing, contextual interviews, task analysis & surveys. Share findings from research in a presentation setting.
- Youll collaborate on the Fastly design system, making recommendations for new patterns & standardized practices
- Youll keep on forefront in advances in tools & processes in the design community & recommend improvements to Fastly processes
- Youll provide expert design feedback & guidance for other product design team members
- Youll lead workshops with Product, Marketing & Engineering teams in design thinking, customer journey mapping exercises, & other brainstorming sessions
What We're Looking For
- You have 7+ years experience designing interfaces for web applications or equivalent
- You have a strong design portfolio of work with a proven track record for creating end-to-end design solutions & creating intuitive interfaces for customers
- You are an effective communicator & problem solver who can present user research & design solutions in company-wide meetings
- You are skilled at explaining your design intentions to cross-functional teams & incorporate their feedback to improve your work
- You have experience with user research methodologies & usability testing tools.
- You have expert proficiency with InVision, Sketch, Figma, or similar design & prototyping tools
- You have a BA/BS degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Graphic Design, or similar field.
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. Youll be a good candidate if you have experience in SOME of these:
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with web analytic platform
- Experience with writing HTML/CSS code
- Experience writing microcopy for user interfaces
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity & to providing employees with a safe & welcoming work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.