WHO ARE WE?
General Assembly is a venture-backed startup that transforms thinkers into creators through education & opportunities in tech, design, & business. We have campuses in 20 campuses around the globe.
This role contributes to General Assemblys success by leading the development & strategy of acquisition marketing channels to support the consumer business. The Senior Manager of Acquisition Marketing will lead the strategy & execution, in partnership with external agencies & internal teams, of acquisition tactics. In order to drive traffic & sales with a strong ROI, this role is responsible for search engine marketing, display advertising, paid social advertising, video advertising, affiliates, influencer marketing & partnerships.
- Lead the team responsible for management of day to day operations of paid & affiliate/partnership channels in partnership with media agencies.
- Continuously iterate on & optimize acquisition marketing strategies in order to increase addressable audience for conversion, retention & sales teams to close into revenue.
- Work cross-functionally with all relevant teams within the org to increase performance within his/her channels including marketing, content, product, infrastructure, business intelligence, data engineering, local marketing, regional directors, etc.
- Establish rapport with senior leaders at the company to be the go-to expert on all acquisition marketing tactics.
- Actively look for new tactics & partnership opportunities to test in order to make the most from acquisition marketing channels & bring more revenue to the business.
- Develops, manages, & tracks marketing budgets, timelines, & processes for his or her channels from kickoff to execution.
- Establishes & maintains processes, in partnership with marketing operations manager, to ensure effective & timely development & execution of programs within defined budget constraints.
- Works closely with senior leadership on major initiatives, but makes decisions independently based on all of the data available.
- Manages relationship with internal creative team in order to create effective copy & design to use across different performance marketing channels.
- Evaluates creative concepts & final execution against the strategy. Effectively provides creative feedback to internal & external agencies & works to constantly improve creative performance. Manages creative differences between internal & external team, while always striving for the best performance from acquisition channels.
- Leads partnership with business intelligence team in an effort to track marketing channel performance, gather consumer insights, analyze or evaluate program effectiveness, & drive key reporting projects forward.
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
- Direct response advertising or campaign management experience (5-7 years)
- Consumer lead gen background preferred, especially in education
- Experience working with local market sales teams
- Deep knowledge of SEM, Paid Social, & Affiliate/Partnership marketing
- Agency management: Direct or indirect management of internal and/or external agencies
- Experience with web analytics, both building tracking structures, reporting, & data analysis (Snowplow, Google Analytics & Looker)
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely, both orally & in writing. Ability to confidently present objectives & desired outcomes to leadership & cross functional teams. Consistently uses communications & presentation skills to influence outcomes. Ability to influence others without authority to get things done in a timely fashion.
- Ability to think strategically & creatively.
- Ability to problem-solve & drive towards resolution.
- Ability to write focused, strategic briefs, & evaluate creative & marketing programs against strategy.
- Strong analytical & measurement/tracking skills. Conduct analysis & present data & findings clearly, concisely & accurately. Be able to draw meaningful conclusions & indicated actions, & set performance benchmarks.
- Ability to manage time & budget effectively.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with internal teams & agencies, both in person & remotely.
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional & productive team atmosphere.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm & the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Calm under pressure & comfortable wearing many hats.