MakerBot believes there's an innovator in everyone. As a global leader in desktop 3D printing, we set the standard in reliability & ease-of-use by providing effective solutions for every stage of the desktop 3D printing process. From the start, we have also redefined what's possible for makers of all walks by introducing many industry firsts. Today, we are proud to both serve the largest install base of 3D printers worldwide & run the largest 3D design community in the world. Take a look at thingiverse.com & our product line at makerbot.com.
Over the last two years, we have launched & grown the revolutionary METHOD line of performance 3D printers. The METHOD leverages technology from our parent company, Stratasys, & brings industrial 3D printing capabilities to a price point that is accessible to every engineer. We are seeking an Applications Engineer to prove the value of the METHOD platform for specific engineering applications. As an application engineer, you will become a technical expert for our global sales team & help to shape the sales process. You will lead the development of new & innovative ways to showcase targeted engineering applications. Your industry knowledge will be the foundation of your career in technical sales.
Areas of Responsibility
- Work closely with product engineers to understand new products & offerings
- Develop new & innovative ways to demonstrate the value of new product offerings to target customers
- Serve as the expert to answer technical questions & objections on sales conversations to move customers through the sales funnel
- Support sales enablement by joining high value customer calls to directly provide technical expertise
- Create technical content & real world examples to support marketing content creation
- Support global sales channels through technical training
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 1-3 years of experience
- Experience in Solidworks or equivalent 3D modeling software
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Experience with 3D Printing
- Customer-facing experience
- Experience in the automotive, aerospace, contract manufacturing, or consumer product development industry
- SalesForce Lightning Experience
- Adobe Creative Suite Experience
The compensation package includes health, dental, vision benefits, pre-tax benefits for transit, 401K matching, & three weeks of vacation.
This is a great opportunity to make a big impact in a unique industry working with amazing people.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys. (Nasdaq: SSYS), is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability & ease-of-use. Through this dedication, MakerBot has one of the largest install bases in the industry & also runs Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world.
MakerBot's connected 3D printing solutions address the wider needs of professionals & educators, evolving their ideas from inspiration to innovation.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.