Were hiring a Sales Reporting Analyst.
About our team & what well build together
theSkimms Sales team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, & scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether thats working with agencies & clients directly, seeking out third-party partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth & efficiency of our pre & post-sales operations.
This position will work as part of theSkimms Sales Insights & Analytics team, assisting the Manager of Sales Insights & Analytics in measuring the performance of all sponsored campaigns across theSkimms product suite. The Insights & Analytics team serves as the main point of contact for sellers & sales support members to retrieve data & insights in the fast-paced environment. This role will be responsible for ensuring clients data is captured, clearly summarizing performance for both internal & external parties & timely completion of all deliverables to the client services team.
How youll contribute to our mission
- Own data preparation & measurement for all sponsored media at theSkimm
- Build & maintain both internal & client-specific reporting templates based on media plans & meet weekly client-dictated reporting deadlines
- Intake, analyze & respond to data requests related to theSkimms native advertising campaigns from disparate sources using SQL, Excel & BI Tools
- Manage reporting schedule, coordinating changes with Client services team for holidays, etc
- Perform ad-hoc performance analysis as needed
- Partner with Sales, Client Services & Sales Support teams to measure & analyze the effectiveness of native advertising campaigns to develop insights & make recommendations
- Develop a strong understanding of theSkimms value to brands in order to convey that value to existing & prospective clients, serving as a brand steward to all clients & outside contacts
Youre ready for this! Heres a bit more about what were looking for
- 1+ years of sales analytics or content reporting & analysis experience in a social & digital media landscape
- Expert in Excel & fluency with PowerPoint & Keynote
- Highly analytical self starter with the ability to handle stressful situations & think creatively
- Strong attention to detail while still working under tight deadlines on a fast paced team
- Comfortable working with a wide range of internal stakeholders, including executives & leadership teams
- Strong organization & time management skills
- Experience with SQL & proficiency with business intelligence tools (e.g, Looker, Tableau)
- Strong communication skills
Why we love working here
We are mission driven & values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand for millennial women by helping them maneuver through lifes necessities. We are providing this community with information & resources so they have the ability, agency, & confidence to live their smartest lives. Every role has a purpose & allows us to equip & enable women to make their best decisions, feel more educated & have the right knowledge at the right time.
We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work & our culture come straight from our core values. Each of us supports this incredible brand & takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each & every day.
We put you & your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
- Unlimited vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans & commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into a MassMutual 401(k) plan & employer match
- Access to family building & fertility benefits
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year anniversary as a full-time employee
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- Generous paid parental leave
- Access to family building & fertility benefits
- Flexible & broad-scale child support program
Your well being is our priority:
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company time off during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
We have a vibrant, collaborative, & supportive culture (we celebrate & have fun!):
- Weekly company updates led by our co-founders/co-CEOs
- Weekly lunch stipend for HQ employees
- Two opportunities each year for our entire organization to come together IRL in NYC
- Employee awards ceremonies to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs & activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, rooftop lunches, off-sites, & wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office & remote, to connect & have fun
Your career & development are a priority:
- Annual learning & development stipend
- LEAD@theSkimm, our leadership development program
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners & colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance & planning
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Complimentary access to theSkimms suite of membership products & swag
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, & diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
Our story, Skimmd
Were a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, & strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Since launching in 2012, we have become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimmrs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way our audience consumes news & makes decisions. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, & we continue to innovate, find new ways to Skimm everything from finance & careers to voting, wellness & downtime. Our product suite has expanded to include three top-rated podcasts, Skimm This'', Pop Cultured, & 9 to 5ish, theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money & Skimm Your Life newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, & Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video & audio content. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 & debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And were not done! We continue to grow the breadth of our offerings in lifes necessary categories & by expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content, & audio, our ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation - & the ones that follow - in the most critical areas of their lives.
Come join us!
Learn more about us & our other opportunities here.
What about the office?
This is a full-time role with flexibility for remote work.
Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday. We have a hybrid environment & ask that employees within the New York Metro area come together in person a minimum of three days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employees during the three days a week that the office will be open. We are continuing to closely monitor the state of COVID-19 in New York & will adjust this plan accordingly.
We will require COVID-19 vaccinations for anyone coming to our office. We are following CDC recommendations & will also require additional boosters, & will always follow CDC & NY state guidance on wearing masks in the office.