Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 75+ in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
We are looking for a strategic Senior Email Marketing Manager, Growthto join our growing marketing team at our HQ in SoHo. You will further develop our existing email marketing program with a focus on qualified customer database acquisition, lifecycle trigger programs & the evolution of segmentation & personalization strategies. Additionally, youll partner with our Paid Marketing & Growth teams to develop integrated campaigns & optimize our growth loops & conversion funnels. In this role, you'll exercise your full range of strategic, analytical, & creative skills to help millions of learners achieve their goals every day.
Embedded within the marketing team, you will work closely with product, engineering, & data science to develop lifecycle marketing campaigns focused on the entire end-to-end user journey.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Oversee all lifecycle email marketing campaigns, including onboarding series, nurture emails, transactional emails, seasonal campaign emails, & more
- Create a robust segmentation strategy aimed at personalizing the customer journey & maximizing every touch point in the customer lifecycle
- Develop a rigorous testing strategy to continually optimize these programs, including identifying opportunities to A/B test campaigns, with the goal of driving increased repeat purchase behavior from our lifecycle email program
- Report on key email metrics & be responsible for performance against key top-line business KPIs, including increasing free-to-paid conversion, reducing churn, & more
- Work with Copywriter, Brand Designer, & the Engineering team to manage & oversee all aspects of the lifecycle email development process
- Partner with Paid Marketing to develop integrated lifecycle campaigns across paid media
- Work closely with the Product & Design teams to experiment with new messaging & email templates, seeking to maximize the performance of initiatives
- Regularly identify trends & track lifecycle email marketing strategies from other consumer SaaS brands to glean insights on new ideas for lifecycle email marketing
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 4-6 years of direct experience managing email marketing campaigns with a proven track record of overseeing & optimizing lifecycle emails at a consumer SaaS company
- Copywriting experience & a passion to craft a narrative
- Strong attention to detail our emails reach tens of millions of inboxes every month
- An understanding of the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email compliance internationally in various regulatory regimes (e.g., GDPR or CASL)
- Experience working independently from ideation to execution & reporting on email marketing campaigns with measurable business impact
- Experience strategizing & developing triggered emails that adhere to a customer lifecycle journey
- You have a clear understanding of overall email processes & deep experience with ESP platforms, like Customer.io
- Proficiency using data analytics tools like Google Analytics, Looker, etc. to analyze results & identify new opportunities
- Ability to edit HTML & CSS email templates
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience at medium-to-late-stage startups
- Experience in consumer SaaS businesses
- Experience with business intelligence tools like Looker & marketing automation tools like Customer.io or Marketo
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through coding education is a plus
IN LIEU OF COVER LETTER, PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING:
- Why do you want this role?
- What are 3 components of a successful lifecycle marketing strategy?
- Whats an example of a lifecycle email marketing campaign youd be excited to work on here & why?
- What are some brands you follow that have great email marketing? What do you like about their email strategy & why?
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.