Job Title Senior QA Automation Engineer
Salary £55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Posting Date 26 November 2018
Closing Date 24 December 2018
About the Company
Alfresco are helping individuals & organizations stay ahead of the curve by disrupting the old ways of doing business.
Business is no longer a series of transactions but a constant flow of information, ideas, decisions, & outcomes. That's why we've developed a software platform that connects people, content & processes, giving organisations the power to start their journey towards Digital Transformation.
The Alfresco Applications Platform group is delivering the first Enterprise-scale, cloud-native Business Process Management (BPM) solution & an open source Application Development Framework to help our customers build their digital business solutions with rapid speed & engaging user experiences.
Our product has experienced explosive growth over the last 12 years & we are now seeking to take it to the next level with our Digital Business Platform.
We are a group full of energy, where integrity, technology, innovation, our community, customer success, & team member growth matter. We love Agile but don't have hang-ups about textbook application & instead prefer to rely on team member insights to guide what this means in our day-to-day work. Above all we love Lean. Think big, act small, fail fast, learn rapidly”
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The successful candidate will carry out the following duties & responsibilities:
· Responsible for working within the agile teams working on our BPM platform & front-end applications to help define appropriate quality standard, tools & techniques to ensure quality deliverables & using sustainable working practices, with a strong focus on automation;
- Contribute to teams' agile ceremonies to improve the way we work together to deliver high quality software;
- Help teams to agree appropriate technical standards for testing & shared team commitments;
- Help team members to design, define & implement automated test suites to meet agreed standards & shared team commitments;
- Work with teams to ensure high-level requirements from the Product Owner can be translated into appropriate test cases;
- Work with teams to encourage re-use of common code or technical practices across multiple projects;
- Follow best practices in test automation & architecture help teams to understand where these can help improve & extend test suites;
- Identify & analyse meaningful quality data & other metrics that can be used within teams & lead efforts to build common tooling around these metrics; and
- Contribute to our Open Source community e.g. by participating in our community forums, hackathons & meetups
Skills, Qualifications & Experience required:
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
Extensive experience working as a QA Automation Engineer or Software Test Engineer;
Demonstrated commitment to quality & customer-focus;
Previous experience with at least one automated browser testing tool (e.g. Selenium Webdriver, Protractor, TestComplete);
Experience of working with BDD & TDD methods, e.g. Cucumber, RSpec;
Experience creating test frameworks for new or existing applications;
Experience of calling & parsing responses from web services, REST or SOAP;
Experience with version control systems, Git strongly preferred;
Excels working in teams & able to employ a collaborative approach to problem solving & continuous improvement;
Technology enthusiast - able to work with a range of technologies;
Experience working in an Agile environment & knowledge of the Scrum framework including sprint planning;
Fluency in English in speaking, reading, writing & listening
Undergraduate/Masters degree from a reputable university.