About the Role
As Pursuits Manager of Data Analytics & Systems, you will play a critical role in managing & making useful all the information & information systems that drives our mission. You will take charge of Pursuits data collection & storage systems, further strengthen their linkages, & develop the dashboards, reports, & analyses that drive the organization forward.
This is an excellent opportunity for a data & systems guru who is looking to use their skills to make a clear daily impact on peoples lives.
- You find joy in a beautiful & useful data dashboard
- You love to use analytics to find the important human stories & insights within big datasets
- You know how to make disparate portals, platforms, & spreadsheets work nicely together
- Youre always looking for ways to automate everyday tasks
- You enjoy working across different teams & functions of a buzzing organization as it grows in scale
- Develop & maintain information collection & storage systems across Pursuit
- Develop live dashboards & analyses for Pursuits program & business teams
- Build & sustain linkages across data systems
- Create & maintain notification & alert systems for key events & data changes
- Respond to needs for ad-hoc reports for Pursuits program & business teams
- Lead updates, train staff users, & troubleshoot for systems like our CRM, Applicant Tracking System, & public-facing website
- Support build & rollout for new data tools & features
- 2-5+ years working in an analytics and/or data management role
- Expertise in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with CRM software, especially Salesforce
- Experience building & maintaining ETL processes
- Understanding of analytic techniques & tools
- Experience with Python and/or R a plus
- Positive attitude & enthusiasm for Pursuits mission
Location: Long Island City, NY
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, vision & retirement benefits, as well as catered weekly staff lunches & free, delicious snacks.
Time Commitment: Full-time
Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where its needed most. Through our intensive, four-year software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills & industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, & become the next generation of leaders in tech. Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, & JPMorgan Chase, & increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000.
In addition to providing training & career support, Pursuits innovative operating model combines partnerships with tech companies to retrain their blue-collar workers and social impact investments to scale our services to more people & places of need. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, & communities across the nation.
At Pursuit, all employees have the opportunity to make a profound, positive social impact. We are building a dynamic, impactful, ambitious, brilliant, hard-working team to achieve our goals & support our national expansion.
Creating the Foundations for National Impact
Pursuit is a rapidly growing organization thats scaling to make a national impact. Founded in 2011, we have doubled in budget & staff each year over the past several years. We are currently a team of 35 & anticipate expanding our team to 60+ this year. We are creating a non-traditional financing model that leverages social impact/program-related investments & earned revenue strategies that align program performance with financial results. We plan to rapidly scale our operations, personnel, & funding to create the foundations for national expansion & more broadly serve communities & cities across America.