KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Our Atlanta, GA office of Lord Aeck Sargent, A Katerra Company, is looking for a highly motivated architectural designer seeking architectural registration with excellent communication skills who loves historic buildings & is able to work well with people at all levels of the firm. The ideal candidate will be someone who has worked 1-4 years in an architectural firm & has an interest in historic buildings. A degree or certificate in historic preservation is a plus but not mandatory.
Required Skills & Experience
- Professional (NAAB Accredited) Degree in Architecture
- Must have at least 1-4 years of experience in an architectural office environment.
- Registration is not required.
- Strong Revit & production skills.
- Graphic communication skills to support a variety of presentation media: presentation drawings, marketing materials, feasibility studies, etc. Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign skills.
- Skilled in research, analytical thinking, modeling & materials analysis to support the historic preservation design process.
- Self-motivated individual able to work well in a collaborative office environment.
- Good computer skills & basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to handle job stress, deadlines & interact effectively with others in the workplace is an essential function of the job.
- Experience with historic preservation projects. A Historic Preservation degree is not required but would be beneficial.
- Detail-oriented, methodical, meticulous, process-oriented, yet open to change & motivated by innovation.
- Great collaborator & communicator excellent verbal & written skills are important
- Ambitious self-starter with get-it-done attitude who strives for results & performs well under pressure
At Lord Aeck Sargent, A KATERRA Company, we strive to make a positive difference in the built environment. Our mission is to provide innovative, responsive design - coupled with cutting-edge technological expertise & exceptional service - to our clients. As an award-winning architectural firm, we strive to maintain the high standard of excellence our clients have come to expect of us. To do this we rely heavily upon, & invest significantly in, the success of our employees. Across our market sectors & multiple offices, we promote a collaborative, diverse environment that is at once challenging, stimulating, supportive, & fun.
Lord Aeck Sargent, A KATERRA Company, provides our employees with ongoing learning opportunities, great benefits & a team-centered environment. We encourage our employees to discover & develop their own particular talents, skills, & interests in order to reach their own full potential. We believe that the key to our success as a firm is the personal & professional growth of the men & women who serve our clients every day.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.