Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
With well-designed products & honest conversations at its core, Flamingo launched in 2018 with a suite of products for body hair. Since then, we have expanded our assortment to be the first brand that offers products for every routine: razors, wax strips for face & body, shave gel, body lotion, hair removal creams, dermaplane razors, & more. In February 2019, Flamingo launched at Target stores nationwide & has continued to expand distribution across retail. Our products & campaigns have been covered by outlets like Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, & InStyle, & weve won major beauty accolades like Allures Best in Beauty & Selfs Healthy Beauty awards.
Were committed to building healthy, positive relationships with our bodies & de-stigmatizing the conversation around women's health. Since launch, we have set aside 1% of all sales to support partners whose missions we believe in deeply, including Exhale to Inhale & PERIOD.
About the Role
We are looking for a creative & curious insights expert to lead consumer learning for our Flamingo brand & quickly translate business needs into knowledge that keeps us on the leading edge of womens personal care. As a Senior Manager of Insights, you will represent the voice of our consumers & customers to inform business decisions & unlock growth opportunities across our marketing, DTC/retail, & innovation teams. You will be the expert on category consumers & the competitive market to identify & answer critical business questions with recommendations based on robust & reliable custom research.
What you will accomplish:
- Deepen our understanding of the Flamingo customer (attitudes, behaviors, values) & emerging trends likely to influence their future habits
- Influence our brand strategy & build a learning roadmap to uncover deep insights, consumer pain points & unmet needs that strengthen our competitive advantage
- Partner with our brand marketing, innovation, & retail/DTC teams to identify & optimize initiatives, products, & communications that delight key segments throughout their omni-channel journey
- Translate business questions into clear research objectives & scope projects to deliver actionable learning with positive business impact. Execute & manage multiple primary market research projects simultaneously & deliver high impact results on agreed to timelines
- Effectively synthesize & communicate insights from all work to the brand team, external partners & senior management by distilling results to essential learning & recommendations that enable rapid decisions
- Enhance insights processes & approaches to continuously strengthen the breadth & quality of our insights about our consumer & the category
This should describe you:
- Curious, nearly to a fault Your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning & uncover true insight is fueled by asking 2nd, 3rd & 4th order questions
- Crafty & creative You look for creative solutions & arent afraid to get scrappy when appropriate. You are focused on delivering against learning objectives & timelines & build research approaches to suit. You are equally comfortable executing research projects on your own or working with external partners
- Insights thought leader You are the go to when it comes to knowing exactly how to get deep & actionable learning about the consumer, & constantly evaluate approaches that could yield stronger learning
- Self-Sufficient - You are comfortable using self-service quantitative & qualitative research tools with strong experience in brand, advertising, innovation, & category insights
- Skilled data storyteller You are comfortable weaving together disparate sources of information into a holistic story with strong recommendations based on market trends & consumer facts
- Unwaveringly objective You represent the voice of the consumer in all situations, especially when learning is counter to initial hypotheses or prior learning
- You geek out on the idea of building a learning plan & executing DIY research to unlock business growth & product offerings that appeal to an ever wider base of loyal customers
- You take great pride in your work, but dont take yourself too seriously
- You have 6-8 years related work experience, preferably in FMCG or packaged goods
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Flamingo Brand VP
- Works directly with the full Flamingo Brand Team
- Working cross-functionally with R&D, Retail & DTC, Creative, Analytics & other Insights teams within the company
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $118,000-$162,250, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.