Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world & digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare & Swarm, as well as thriving media & enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint & Attribution (for marketers), & Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, & in sales offices around the globe, were dedicated to our trailblazing missionenriching consumer experiences & informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About our Engineering Team:
As a member of Foursquares engineering team, we want you to bring experience building real products from the ground up. We're passionate about tackling tough challenges in the location space & look for others who like to dive deep into code & help solve hard problems. You should be comfortable running with your own ideas & eager to learn new skills on a bleeding edge platform. We use a variety of tools, technologies, & languages to build software (Scala, Thrift, MongoDB, Memcached, JS/jQuery, Kafka, Pants, Hadoop, MR, Spark) but experience with equivalent ones will do just fine.
Join us & help bring our ideas (and your own!) off the whiteboard & into reality. You'll be a key member of our Attribution team, building a system that builds hundreds of machine learning models per day at scale to drive marketing decisions for many well-known companies. You'll build resilient services & tooling which drive all of our processing of petabytes of dataResponsibilities:
- Develop & maintain our data pipelines using Hadoop, Scalding, Luigi, Spark, Mongo & more
- Partner with the Data Science team to investigate & implement advanced statistical models & machine learning pipelines
- Identify & implement performance improvements across all pipelines
- Data investigations to validate assumptions or find the source of a problem
- Assist client support & sales with client integrations
- 3+ years of experience working with Hadoop MapReduce and/or other big data technologies & pipelines
- You have a solid foundation in computer science fundamentals with particular expertise in data structures, algorithms, & design
- You obsess over data: everything needs to be accounted for & be thoroughly tested
- You are constantly thinking of ways to squeeze better performance out of the pipelines
- Strong Java or other object-oriented programming experience or, even better, experience and/or interest in functional languages (we use Scala!)
- Experience with Scala, Scalding, Luigi,Hive, machine learning pipelines & model training is a plus
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.