OpenFin, New York
We are looking for a highly motivated & experienced salesperson to join our ever-growing global sales team.
OpenFins Operating System modernizes financial desktops, enabling instant distribution, strong security & application interoperability. Our mission is to provide a unifying foundation for the next generation of financial industry applications. Today, OpenFin OS is used to deploy more than 1,000 applications built by more than 20 major banks, nearly 20 asset managers & hedge funds, & 50 leading vendor platforms in the financial space. OpenFins investors include Bain Capital Ventures, Barclays, CME Ventures, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Wells Fargo, & Pivot Investment Partners among others. The company has offices in New York & London.
Sales Directors are responsible for expanding OpenFins rapidly growing customer base, & cultivating adoption of the OpenFin technology within large banks & financial institutions. Commercial success will be achieved by effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition to both new & existing clients & achieving sales targets. Sales Directors at OpenFin are also expected to represent the company at industry events & assist with lead generation strategies.
The successful candidate will have previous experience of closing significant deals for an enterprise SaaS/software/technology business, within the financial services market & be well versed in sales processes that accelerate successful outcomes. The ideal candidate would also have knowledge of web technology, but this is not a necessity.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Owning & exceeding annual sales targets, initially focussing on Americas based accounts
- Developing & executing strategic sales plans to achieve sales targets & expand our customer base
- Building & maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships with senior stakeholders within large banks & financial institutions
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs & objectives
- Effectively communicate the OpenFin value proposition through proposals & presentations
Requirements for the role:
- Previous capital markets experience & deep knowledge of capital markets workflows
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Ability to communicate, present & influence all levels of a target organisation, including executive & C-Suite levels
- Proven ability to drive a sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products & services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Genuine enthusiasm & interest in technology
- Excellent listening, negotiation & presentation skills
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills