We started with just one home & an idea: to bring homeowners & renters together with smart technology & caring local teams. Today, were the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. Youll fit right in here if youre curious, entrepreneurial, & thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Sales at Vacasa?
If Vacasas incredible growth didnt make it obvious, were good at what we do. Were people people. We think on our feet, & respond with tailored solutions. Our team has the street smarts, ambition, & talent to turn every potential market into a Vacasa community.
What were looking for
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to help us implement & adapt our growth plan. The role we are hiring for will include a variety of tasks including researching our competitors & local regulations, developing referral networks with local real estate agents & other potential sources within the vacation rental industry, drafting customized letters to potential clients, cold calling prospective leads, systematically managing leads, setting appointments, meeting with prospective clients, closing sales, representing our company in a professional & collaborative manner in the community & contributing to the strategic direction for the Business Development Team.
In the role of Business Development Representative you will work closely with your manager to advance your career goals in line with the goals of Vacasa. This will require knowledge of the vacation rental industry, the ability to act as a consultant to homeowners, & to initiate what will be long term relationships with clients for the company.
Successful candidates will be strong communicators who are comfortable contacting leads over the phone & in person, can learn & adapt quickly, are grounded in ethical business practices, & find reward in building a strong organization. Consistently meeting departmental goals while maintaining high customer satisfaction is a must. You will need to demonstrate a track record of excellence as a team player who is also self-motivated, reliable, & coachable.
What youll do
- Primary duty will be to handle inbound/outbound sales operations through telesales & in-person meetings
- Collaborate with team to identify opportunities, plan & execute management portfolio growth
- Learn & communicate company services & policies & to stay on top of policy changes
- Consistently log & update calls & leads into company-specific lead management system
- Handle large volume of networking & lead generation while following through on established leads
- Attend weekly department meetings
Skills youll need
- Ability to generate leads & build trust with prospects over the phone, work with other team members, close sales
- Must be able to develop confidence with prospects over the phone & in person
- Grounded in ethical business practices
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience & education -- communications, psychology, legal backgrounds encouraged
- Self-motivated & self-sufficient, while having the confidence to seek guidance & direction as needed
- Solid computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office & cloud computing programs
- Ability & desire to work for a growing, fast-paced start-up company with an evolving structure & frequently changing computer systems & policies
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, both oral & written
- Ability to set & exceed aggressive individual & organizational goals
Home office or Vacasa office setting to start with occasional training sessions at the Portland corporate office & offsite team meetings in our various regions. Requires frequent, repetitive use of a computer, phone, & office equipment. Requires patient, professional communication with prospective clients & the ability to build confidence with leads over the phone.
What youll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave & holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment youll need to be successful
- Great colleagues & culture