In a world of constant connection, why are we still lonely?
Social Media should seek to replicate how we interact with each other in real life. Thats why were pioneering a new kind of social platform, one designed for true togetherness. Airtime is charting the course for the next era of the Internet: live, shared experiences.
At its core, Airtime is a social platform to gather with your people & explore the Internet together. Gather on group video & hang out with music, videos, photos, TV, movies, & more. It's a portal in your pocketto your people, to the weird & wonderful world of online.
Our company was founded by Sean Parker & is backed by Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Founders Fund, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, & a host of other incredible partners. We have a world-class team of brainiacs in Palo Alto & Brooklyn who craft the amazing real-time technology Airtime is built on. We're well-funded, running at full sprint, & always looking for extraordinary people who want to help us build a new way to use the Internettogether.
Airtime Marketing is a diverse & integrated team of brilliant misfits working across Brand, Growth Marketing, Community, & Trust & Safety tasked with bringing Airtime to the world & nurturing a healthy & happy community. Building a real-time social network is no small challenge, so we are seeking cutting-edge marketers who can leverage new, innovative ways to reach our audience & create meaningful, shared experiences for our community.
What Youll Do
Airtime is looking for a Creative Director to be a key member of the Marketing leadership team. The Marketing team is responsible for the Airtime brand & its expression across acquisition, user engagement, & live experiences.
A successful candidate will champion & evolve our brand both internally & externally by leading a fast-paced & iterative design team, conceptualizing & executing marketing-driven experiences both inside & outside the product. This role reports into the VP of Marketing & will be New York City based.
Creative Leadership & Execution
- Build & lead Airtimes creative teamconceptualizing, executing, & iterating on marketing programs & assets.
- Manage the creative pipeline, triage priorities & resources, & nurture creative talent.
- Ensure a high bar of quality for all creative & design work with consistent, on-time delivery of programs & assets.
Championing the Brand
- Drive the expression of the Airtime mission & brand across marketing touchpoints.
- Proactively identify opportunities for Airtime to evolve or extend our brand through social campaigns, content & influencer partnerships, or in-app experiences.
- Be the keeper of Airtimes brand asset library as we grow & influence teams by effectively socializing work.
What Were Looking For
We are looking for a seasoned creative leader from a growth stage company that has led a brand from nascency to maturity through creative leadership & rigorous, hands-on execution.
- Clear creative vision & perspective that bridges technology, data, design, media, & culture.
- A minimum of 7 years of design experience in a professional setting.
- A hands on design practitioner, not just a manager of designers.
- A portfolio of exceptional work, particularly around digital & social campaigns.
- Diverse experience creating social or entertainment experiences online.
- Passion for social networks / communities & creating something new on the internet.
- High level of experience with Adobe Creative Suite. You should breathe Photoshop & eat Illustrator (and ideally have had a few drinks with Sketch).
- Animation skills using After Effects (or equivalent).
- A love for great typography.
- Experience in layout & basic color theory.
- Knowledgeable about web & mobile, & cross platform standards.
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS web technologies & their strengths/limitations.
- An understanding of information architecture & hierarchy.
- Love reading & learning about current trends in design & art.
- Self motivated, organized & accountable with a greatattitude & a lack of ego.